- At Salisbury School, we believe strongly that the skills and good habits necessary for intellectual and social growth are best learned at an early age.
- Toward that end, a caring, talented, and responsive faculty strives to foster a lifelong love of learning in each child.
- Students experience a carefully structured curriculum that stresses academic excellence and respect for each child's growth and learning patterns.
- They work in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Our Upper School division extends this tradition of excellence into the high school years.
- A demanding college preparatory curriculum and the use of a notebook computer by all students build a firm foundation for the challenges of higher education.
- At Salisbury School, students find academic challenge, high expectations, individual attention, and boundless opportunities to be involved in their education.
- They work to master academic skills such as the ability to think clearly and the means to communicate ideas.
- Of equal importance, they develop self-confidence, a feeling of self-worth, and a sense of community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Gail Carozza|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SalisburyGrades: PK-12 | 566 students
807 Parker Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
BerlinGrades: PK-12 | 553 students
Po Box 1006
Berlin, MD 21811
SalisburyGrades: PK-7 | 166 students
1315 Old Ocean City Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
The Salisbury School has a 100% college acceptance rate and 100% of its students attend college. Its challenging academic curricula allows students the opportunity to take advanced courses that may not otherwise be offered in other schools. It is culturally diverse and celebrates the diversity of its students. Many of the faculty possess advanced degrees, quite a few possess PhD's. The students are respectful, supportive, and friendly to each other.
- Posted by Parent - bbabr