Grades: NS-8 | 393 students
- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375-390 students in Preschool through 8th grade.
- The school's mission is to "develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world" and believes in the whole child philosophy of educating young minds.
- Nestled in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, the Seven Hills campus sits on 9 acres of former ranchland, in the shadow of Mt. Diablo.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(K-5 wear school uniforms, preschool and Middle School do not)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rates from $14,100 to $26,200 depending on grade level. Robust financial aid program to ensure accessibility to families for whom Seven Hills is a great fit.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susanne Goldman|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Cushing|
|Endowment Size||4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Golf, Rock Climbing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Cooking Classes, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, Odyssey of the Mind, ROV, Video Production Art, Chess Club, Chorus, Drama, Homework Club, Mad Science, Math Counts, Music, ROV, Cooking Classes,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- The Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, is an independent, not-for-profit, school educating 375 students in Preschool through 8th grade. Accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Seven Hills is also an active member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). and other independent school associations. Seven Hills enjoys a long standing partnership with educational institutions nationwide.
- At Seven Hills our mission is, "to develop the intellect, engage the spirit and foster respect for, and responsibility to, our world." We are a community of parents, educators and students who are committed to lifelong learning. We enjoy an environment in which a student`s curiosity is inspired, engaged, and rewarded. And we support educators who value professional development, lead each other and their peers to best practices, and accomplish all of this in a spirit of collegiality.
- Our campus, nine acres of former ranchland set back behind Heather Farm Park, is a student-centered environment that provides a myriad of experiences for our children. Step out of our 21st century classrooms and along a babbling brook which meanders through campus. Stop by our lunch tables and watch children play on our huge outdoor chessboard.
- On any given day, you might see Shakespeare performed or Beethoven rehearsed; a rocket launched or a volleyball serve perfected. Our spacious library has room for quiet, introspective readers and a stage for gregarious story tellers.
- We understand that from day one, you have wanted only what is best for your child. At The Seven Hills School, we too want what is best for each child and we look forward to our partnership in your child`s educational journey. We are proud that Seven Hills is a place where each child finds joy in learning and leaves ready for the next academic adventure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 208 students
2391 Grant St
Concord, CA 94520
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
4725 Evora Road
Concord, CA 94520
ConcordGrades: UG | 64 students
1026 Oak Grove Rd Ste A
Concord, CA 94518
ConcordGrades: PK-K | 20 students
4976 Myrtle Drive
Concord, CA 94521
Seven Hills School offers a fantastic education for little preschoolers through 8th graders. If you walk into any classroom, you''re not as likely to see the teacher at the front of the room lecturing, as you are to see kids in small groups, elbow-to-elbow with their teacher, exploring an idea, discussing something they''ve all read, or doing something hands-on. Two of my kids have graduated and are thriving in high school - they felt really prepared for everything their high school threw at them. They also entered their freshman years ready to lead. Our family loves Seven Hills!
- Posted by Parent - hope9
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.