- The Tome School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school founded in 1889 by Port Deposit philanthropist Jacob Tome.
- The school's curriculum provides a broad liberal arts education for students from kindergarten through twelfth grade in an environment emphasizing academic success, high standards of personal behavior, and full participation in school life.
- For a student to be successful at Tome, parents must hold similar expectations and standards.
- The curriculum differs in important respects, and in rigor, from that of typical American elementary and secondary education.
- Tome is organized into three divisions: the Lower School, comprised of Kindergarten and the first four grades, the Middle School, grades five through eight, and the Upper School with grades nine through twelve.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||470 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElktonGrades: PK-12 | 304 students
146 Appleton Road
Elkton, MD 21921
BearGrades: PK-12 | 1144 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
ColoraGrades: 9-12 | 133 students
1079 Firetower Road
Colora, MD 21917
PerryvilleGrades: PK-8 | 110 students
800 Aiken Ave
Perryville, MD 21903
ChildsGrades: PK-8 | 247 students
Po Box 85
Childs, MD 21916