The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners (WCGL) develops and provides programs and guidance for gifted learners, their families, and teachers to support the social/cognitive and educational development of children who love to learn and whose exceptional intellectual abilities require special learning approaches. Magellan Day School will not operate for the 2015 - 2016 school year.
School year adjunct enrichment programs are offered in logical thinking, the Latin language, and the sciences.
A Saturday Interdisciplinary Series is also available.
All are offered through Magellan's parent organization, The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||School year adjunct enrichment programs and a summer program are offered at WCGL. Tuition varies based on the length of the program and the materials required. Please call us for more information.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Forensics, National Elementary Honor Society, School paper Forensics, School paper, National Elementary Honor Society,
- The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners provides services for intellectually gifted learners who have a need to fulfill their potential. The WCGL understands that gifted learners require like-level peer interaction in order to develop social skills, leadership abilities, and self-acceptance. WCGL programs are based on an amalgamation of theory and research, and curriculum is designed by Center Staff to address the unique needs of gifted learners. The programs at The Center are designed to augment and complement the regular schooling of gifted learners. These programs recognize that gifted learners require a true peer group in order to fully develop in terms of using their abilities, taking charge of their capabilities, and accepting and dealing with the connections between effort and advancements.
- Elements of curriculum of WCGL courses and programs:
- - science and technology;
- - mathematics;
- - all facets of language arts;
- - history and geography;
- - foreign languages, with a concentration in Latin;
- - fine arts including music, visual arts, and informal drama;
- - physical education;
- - and social and citizenship practice.
Profile last updated: 08/03/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: 6-11 | 28 students
151 S. 84th St. (no Longer Uses A P.o. Box)
Milwaukee, WI 53214
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 328 students
1341 N Cass St
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MilwaukeeGrades: 8-12 | 151 students
700 W Michigan St Ste 100
Milwaukee, WI 53233
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 261 students
1520 South Cesar E. Chavez Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53204
MilwaukeeGrades: K-11 | 291 students
1150 E Brady St
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.