The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners (WCGL) develops and provides programs and guidance for gifted learners, their families, and teachers to support the social/cognitive and educational development of children who love to learn and whose exceptional intellectual abilities require special learning approaches.
School year adjunct enrichment programs are offered in logical thinking, the Latin language, and the sciences. Saturday Interdisciplinary Programs convene during the school year in the fall, winter, and spring.
A more intensive Summer Interdisciplinary Program is held during the month of July each year.
All programs include exploration in language arts, science, mathematics, physical education, the Latin language and ancient Roman culture, visual art, music, and informal drama.
Please see our website or call for more information.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||School year adjunct enrichment programs and a summer program are offered at WCGL. Tuition varies based on the length of the program and the materials required. Please call us for more information.|
- The Wisconsin Center for Gifted Learners provides services for intellectually gifted learners who have a need to fulfill their potential. The WCGL understands that gifted learners require like-level peer interaction in order to develop social skills, leadership abilities, and self-acceptance. WCGL programs are based on an amalgamation of theory and research, and curriculum is designed by Center Staff to address the unique needs of gifted learners. The programs at The Center are designed to augment and complement the regular schooling of gifted learners. These programs recognize that gifted learners require a true peer group in order to fully develop in terms of using their abilities, taking charge of their capabilities, and accepting and dealing with the connections between effort and advancements.
- Elements of curriculum of WCGL courses and programs:
- - science and technology;
- - mathematics;
- - all facets of language arts;
- - history and geography;
- - foreign languages, with a concentration in Latin;
- - fine arts including music, visual arts, and informal drama;
- - physical education;
- - and social and citizenship practice.
Profile last updated: 04/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 801 students
135 N 76th St
Milwaukee, WI 53213
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 328 students
1341 N Cass St
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 656 students
4257 N 100th St
Milwaukee, WI 53222
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 432 students
2601 E Morgan Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 277 students
120 E Silver Spring Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53217