- The Torah School of Greater Washington has been established to educate, motivate, challenge, and inspire Jewish children of all backgrounds without regard to race, color, country of origin, or sex.
- Our students are provided with a curriculum of excellence in both Judaic and secular studies which equips them with all the tools necessary to successfully continue their higher education.
- This includes a strong emphasis on the basics and on higher thinking and comprehension skills.
- Our youngsters develop pride as Jews and Americans and a strong love for Eretz Yisrael.
- The ambiance which permeates the Torah School is that of warmth and caring.
- Our outstanding staff members serve as role models whose main interest is what is best for each child.
- They understand that, as Hiam Ginott wrote, "Concerning a teacher's influence: I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom.
- It's my personal approach that creates the climate.
- It's my daily mood that makes the weather.
- As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous.
- I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
- I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
- In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanized or dehumanized.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|