Grades: NS-PK | 75 students
- Turtle Island was founded in 1982 with the aim of bringing respectful, high quality care and education to the Central Vermont community.
- Turtle Island is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors.
- Turtle Island strives to make this early educational experience exciting and engaging for all children through a play based Emergent curriculum.
- This is a philosophy that builds upon the interests of children, where topics are captured from the talk of children and their curiosity.
- Children learn best when they are happy and can relate to the material. Our teacher's are dedicated professionals who engage in ongoing professional development.
- The relationships that they forge with children are strong, often enduring well beyond the walls of Turtle Island.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$10,000-13,000 full year infant, toddler and PK program|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Meg Baird|
- There is much to see and experience at Turtle Island Children's Center. Please contact us and come for a visit!
People that viewed Turtle Island Children's Center also viewed these schools: Websterville Baptist Christian School.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.