Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
Unity Christian School is a private, coeducational, college preparatory school.
Our mission is to partner with Christian parents committed to Christ-centered, Biblically-based education to promote excellence in academics, to equip students with Christ-honoring leadership skills, and to develop their God-given potential which empowers them to impact the world for Jesus Christ..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Literature, AP U. S. History, AP Language|
|Average SAT score||1570|
|Average ACT score||20|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||tuition schedule is graduated scale|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jen Chase|
|Admissions Associate||Valerie Stepp|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Productions, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Lions of Steel, Steel Drum Honor Band, Math Team - Elementary, various art classes, voice lessons, piano lessons, violin lessons, guitar lessons Drama Productions,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Lions of Steel, Steel Drum Honor Band,
Math Team - Elementary,
various art classes, voice lessons, piano lessons, violin lessons, guitar lessons,
- Our History
- Burdened to pray for a work of the Gospel in our community, local pastors Charlie Bridges, Jerry Chitwood, David Harper, and Jamie Work joined their hearts to wait on the Lord for direction. Inspired by the leading of the Holy Spirit, a need was seen. Our community was in need of a Christian school, a Christ centered educational facility that would seek to minister to the spiritual and academic needs of Christian parents and students. With the enthusiastic support of their churches, West Rome Baptist, North Rome Church of God, Hollywood Baptist and Fellowship Baptist, they covenanted to birth a Christian school. The vision for a school to serve the entire community was soon caught by pastors Nim Russell of Thankful Baptist Church and Phil Wall of the First Assembly of God. The basis for their unity was belief in the inerrancy of the Scriptures and essential doctrines of the faith. The dream began to take form. In 1998 board members were selected from the churches. Organizational meetings were held and a building was purchased. The serious process of staff selection, "getting the word out", and the enrollment of students began. Different from others, this education would be thoroughly integrated in the Word of God, not secular, not private for profit, but distinctively Christian. Students would learn "how to live", and see enrollment as a privilege. Teachers would perceive their task as a sacred trust.
- Our Blessings & Challenges
- This is an exciting and historic time for Unity Christian School. As we move into the middle of our second decade, we praise God for the increasing number of families who are seeking out the type of Christ-centered education that sets us apart in this community. At the same time, because of this phenomenal response, we are challenged as never before to maintain our standards of excellence while providing an increasingly diverse range of academic, artistic and athletic opportunities to an ever-growing number of students. One of the most exciting developments at Unity is seeing our graduates successfully transition into college and hearing stories of how they are impacting the world for Jesus Christ. Having grades Preschool for 3-year-olds through 12th has prompted the further development for many of our programs, including missions and athletics. With this growth comes the need for more specialized classrooms, especially in the areas of science, technology, art and music. Furthermore, plans are in place to secure long-term relationships with local organizations for athletic practice and contests.
- Our Vision
- In 2005, Unity Christian School made the move into its current facility on the corner of Highway 53 and the Rome Bypass. Now, with the help of a professional architectural planning firm, we are preparing a comprehensive plan to further develop the current upper campus facilities to accommodate enhanced academic offerings, fine arts experiences, and indoor athletic team practices and contests. This will address both the critical needs of today and at the same time, will prepare us to better meet the anticipated needs of the future. The master plan will include a multi-phased approach to accomplishing all that needs to be done to expand our programs. We recognize that the plan is ambitious and it will require several years to be fully implemented. Yet, we believe that the ministry of Unity Christian School is so vital to the youth and families of our community that we are prepared to see this project through to its completion.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RomeGrades: NS-8 | 209 students
401 East 7th Street
Rome, GA 30161
RomeGrades: PK-12 | 781 students
1014 Cave Spring Rd Sw
Rome, GA 30161
DaltonGrades: K-12 | 361 students
1600 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Dalton, GA 30721
CartersvilleGrades: K-12 | 336 students
325 Old Mill Rd
Cartersville, GA 30120
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.