Grades: PK-12 | 223 students
- Westgate Christian School strives for academic excellence in order to prepare students for a life of service to God.
- We believe in traditional educational procedures and emphasize the basics in building an academic foundation.
- The academic curriculum focuses on preparing and enabling the student to communicate effectively with others, to work responsibly and productively in a technically-oriented society, to further his Christian and American heritage, and to apply biblical wisdom in daily life.
- Our students seek to understand not only the Bible, but also language, literature, mathematics, history, music, and the natural sciences.
- Students are challenged to work independently and to think for themselves as they build convictions that will stand under the pressures of our modern culture.
- Westgate Baptist Church is committed to seeing the Gospel proclaimed and the cause of Christ advanced in our own Portland area, in the Pacific Northwest region of our nation, throughout the United States, and across the entire globe.
- We are privileged to be able to partner together with twenty different missionary families who minister the Gospel around the world in fifteen different countries.
- Westgate is the sending church for two of these families: the Dean family and the Sode family.
- Our prayer is that God would send forth more laborers from our midst.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlohaGrades: PK-12 | 291 students
16860 Sw Blanton St
Aloha, OR 97007
PortlandGrades: PK-12 | 858 students
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, OR 97223
TualatinGrades: NS-12 | 551 students
23370 SW Boones Ferry Rd.
Tualatin, OR 97062
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.