Top Oregon Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 507 top private schools in Oregon, serving 58,906 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,352 for elementary schools and $10,732 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 85% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Sunstone Montessori School Photo - Welcome to Sunstone! "My daughter Claire just recently woke up one morning with a big smile on her face and I said, 'What are you so happy about?' and she said, 'I get to go to school today!'" Jennifer Niemeyer, Sunstone Parent
The Delphian School Photo - At The Delphian School, teachers don`t lecture in front of a blackboard while students frantically take notes. At our school, students learn at their own pace and study independently with a personalized program that is specifically designed to satisfy their specific needs and interests.
Columbia Academy Photo - Students show off their Columbia Academy tie-dye shirts, following our all-school tie-dye party.
Trinity Lutheran Christian School Photo - A diverse, supportive community of students, teachers, and parents ensure student success at Trinity.
Canyonville Academy Photo - A very detailed map of the 14 acre campus of Canyonville Christian Academy founded in 1924.
Top Oregon Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools117 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools1,374 Students14% Minority
- 55 Schools4,978 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools205 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools119 Students8% Minority
- 6 Schools295 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools78 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students10% Minority
- 22 Schools2,386 Students11% Minority
- 10 Schools763 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools350 Students16% Minority
- 17 Schools2,688 Students33% Minority
- 9 Schools700 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools691 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students- Minority
- 48 Schools4,044 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools189 Students10% Minority
- 16 Schools1,513 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools172 Students38% Minority
- 39 Schools4,648 Students22% Minority
- 109 Schools16,023 Students26% Minority
- 5 Schools609 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools263 Students15% Minority
- 6 Schools257 Students16% Minority
- 6 Schools389 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools269 Students13% Minority
- 99 Schools14,669 Students22% Minority
- 10 Schools1,006 Students24% Minority
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.