Top Oregon Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 504 top private schools in Oregon, serving 58,177 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,567 for elementary schools and $11,344 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 85% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Sunstone Montessori School Photo - Welcome to Sunstone! "My daughter Claire just recently woke up one morning with a big smile on her face and I said, 'What are you so happy about?' and she said, 'I get to go to school today!'" Jennifer Niemeyer, Sunstone Parent
Abiqua Academy Photo - Abiqua Academy is located just south of Salem, in the countryside of the beautiful Willamette Valley.
Riverdale High School Photo - At Riverdale, the peer culture is focused on academic and personal achievement. Students treat each other with respect, as colleagues and friends.
Park Academy Photo - A group of upper school students pose for a photo on the deck outside their classrooms.
Seven Peaks School Photo - Our design lab provides integrated hands-on learning, where students progress through the design cycle. Students use their creative and critical thinking skills to empathetically problem-solve.
Top Oregon Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools117 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools1,361 Students14% Minority
- 55 Schools5,113 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools205 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools111 Students8% Minority
- 6 Schools295 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools78 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students10% Minority
- 22 Schools2,403 Students11% Minority
- 10 Schools763 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools140 Students16% Minority
- 16 Schools2,630 Students31% Minority
- 9 Schools696 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools691 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students- Minority
- 48 Schools4,026 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools189 Students10% Minority
- 16 Schools1,513 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools172 Students38% Minority
- 39 Schools4,669 Students22% Minority
- 109 Schools15,798 Students26% Minority
- 5 Schools609 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools260 Students15% Minority
- 6 Schools259 Students16% Minority
- 6 Schools389 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools278 Students13% Minority
- 98 Schools14,400 Students22% Minority
- 11 Schools1,006 Students24% Minority
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.