The Delphian School
- Located in Sheridan, Oregon, The Delphian School is one of the best private boarding schools in the US which also accepts day students.
- Delphian offers a comprehensive educational program that emphasizes on practical learning and independent-studying.
- More than 80% of the students who graduate from the Delphian School make it into their first choice colleges and obtain scores that are 25% higher than the national average on their SATs.
- The Delphian School also offers a fantastic English Learning program for foreign students from all over the globe.
The Delphian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language, English Literature, French Language and Culture, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Physics B, Spanish Language|
|Average SAT score||1284|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / Mar. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,270|
|Tuition Notes||Day and boarding rates vary. Visit Delphian.org for more information on fee structures, scholarships and financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bridgette Rappoport|
|Endowment Size||$1.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Chess Club, International Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Audio/Visual Class, Ceramics, Choir, Drama, Drawing and Painting, Guitar, Jazz Choir, Music, Photography & Darkroom Editing, Woodshop, Writing and Poetry
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Volleyball, Weightlifting, Yoga
- Wouldn`t it be great if education was more than just studying to pass an exam? Wouldn`t it be great if your education was more about you than anything else? What would you say if we told you that at the Delphian School you are able to personalize your own scholastic program? What subjects would you pick? Which skills would you like to have and which roads would you travel?
- At The Delphian School, teachers don`t lecture in front of a blackboard while students frantically take notes. At our school, students learn at their own pace and study independently with a personalized program that is specifically designed to satisfy their specific needs and interests. All of our students are treated as the important individuals they are.
- At The Delphian School we encourage students to associate their subjects to the way they will use that information in their everyday lives in order to succeed. Our teachers are very good at motivating students and keeping them on track with their education. All of our students receive a tremendous amount of personal attention.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: K-12
2328 Fairlane Dr
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)213-0803 2166.4 K-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 532.7 6-12
At Delphian you get the opportunity to understand 100% of your education and are able to think with and apply what you learn to your life. Isn't that the point of an education? Whatever you miss on a test, you actually find the misunderstanding and re-study the material to full understanding. They teach students how to study independently, spot and remove barriers to learning, and not go past misunderstandings without clearing them up. Their individualized courses and "go at your own pace" study structure sets the stage for achieving this. Among their many shining qualities such as a strong sense of community, zero bullying, friendships to last for life, a variety of extracurricular activities, sports teams and electives, and a campus on 800 acres, what sets them apart from other schools is how well they develop in students a certainty of knowledge, responsibility, social consciousness, and ability to think independently, with focus on effecting change and bettering this world.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Aprice
I graduated from The Delphian School about 30 years ago and I can tell you that thanks to the education I received at this school I was able to make it through college without any difficulty; where I graduated top of my class. The skills that I learned at Delphian have allowed me to have a successful career as a civil engineer and two masters degrees. I can`t wait for my children to be of age so I can enroll them here. If it was fantastic 30 years ago, you should see it now with all the improvements they have made to the campus and athletic facilities as well as all the technological advancements they have incorporated.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ross
I came to Delphian for a tour last fall and I was so impressed with the program I enrolled my daughter in January! She is loving the school and program! The staff are wonderful and really care. My daughter is doing music, art, pottery and gymnastics. I love the academics and extracurricular activities the school has to offer.
- Posted by Parent - Dania
All 3 of my children graduated from this school. I loved that they were able to move at their own pace. Also, since the school is proficiency based, the only passing grade is 100%, so there are no holes in their education. As for extracurricular activities, they were in choir, soccer, volleyball, softball, and boy scouts. Although it was hard to let them go away to a boarding school, it was the right decision for all of them and I am happy that we did it.
- Posted by Parent - Char
Delphian was such an amazing experience. I'd say it was more than just a wonderful education. It was building lifelong friendships, with not just my fellow students but also the staff and faculty. It was learning how to believe in myself and developing a love of learning. The campus is incredible. Hundreds of acres of forest and hills, streams and little ponds. Pretty much the ideal situation for a school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rene
As a parent, it's so important to me to be able to have direct access to my children's teachers and that they are willing and interested in communicating with me about my child. I get this in spades at Delphian. The teachers are wonderful and very interested in each individual child's future. I so appreciate that.
- Posted by Parent - tkeis