- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School is an integral part of the Catholic Church's mission to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. As an adult community, we share in the responsibility to prepare students for college and beyond while helping them grow to becoming persons of faith, virtue, and wisdom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||832 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English, AP Government, AP Art History, AP Computer Science, AP United States History, Honors courses for grades 7-12.|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Chorus, Color Guard, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Forensics, Government Club, Jr. National Honor Society, Key Club, Marching Band, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Pep Club, Robotics, Rosary Club, Science Olympiad, Shield Bearers Club, Spanish Club, Student Government Association, Yearbook, Young Men's Leadership, Young Women's Leadership Beta Club, Chorus, Color Guard, Drama, Forensics, Key Club, Marching Band, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Pep Club, Robotics, Rosary Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Jr. National Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Shield Bearers Club,
Student Government Association,
Young Men's Leadership,
Young Women's Leadership,
- At Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School, you will find close bonds that are created by personal attention and fellowship among our faculty, staff, and students. This provides the family atmosphere for which we are known. Not only do we nurture intellectual needs, we also encourage spiritual growth.
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School has four campuses located in the heart of the Capital City. St. Bede Elementary Campus, offering four-year-old kindergarten through sixth grade, is located at the corner of Atlanta Highway and Perry Hill Road adjacent to St. Bede Catholic Church. Holy Spirit Elementary Campus also offers four-year-old kindergarten through sixth grade and is located at 8580 Vaughn Road, behind Holy Spirit Catholic Church, across from Wynlakes. The middle and high school campus, seventh through twelfth grade, is located in east Montgomery on Vaughn Road near the south entrance to Blount Cultural Park.
- Each program has its own leadership and guidance counselor, tailoring each campus administration and services according to age group.
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School offers application for admission without regard to race, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin. Membership in the Catholic church is not a requirement to apply or attend Montgomery Catholic; families of all faiths are welcome.
Profile last updated: 10/14/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MontgomeryGrades: PK-12 | 925 students
6010 Vaughn Road
Montgomery, AL 36116
MontgomeryGrades: K-12 | 690 students
3240 Vaughn Rd
Montgomery, AL 36106
MontgomeryGrades: PK-12 | 388 students
3975 Vaughn Rd
Montgomery, AL 36106
MontgomeryGrades: PK-12 | 980 students
4700 Wares Ferry Rd
Montgomery, AL 36109
MontgomeryGrades: PK-12 | 808 students
1700 East Trinity Blvd
Montgomery, AL 36106
I''ve attended Montgomery Catholic for 7 years. In the beginning, my experience was great, but the school's value in education, equality of students, and integrity dropped dramatically. Though the school does not participate in the ACE teaching program anymore, for a long part of my academic career here my teachers were first time teachers, who were learning how to control a classroom and create curriculum at the expense of our education. After the 2011-2012 school year, the high school gained a new principle, this change in administration resulted in a loss in the value of education and an increase in the value of the school’s reputation. The teacher turnover is unbelievable, each year the school loses 5+ teachers. As part of the school’s value in its looks and its reputation they are willing to fire a teacher who has been in the Montgomery Catholic school system for a long time, has an Ivy League education, and respect among all students and parents, because they are not a certified teacher. While the certified teachers do nothing valuable in the students education. I believe this "catholic education" is a waste of money and no example of the values which the school is "built on".
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mallo
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. IT IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS IN THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 93 AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! I PLAYED FOOTBALL WHEN WE WENT MADE THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS OK BECAUSE I HAD THE REST OF MY YEAR AT MY FAVORITE SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!! I LOVED MY TIME THERE!!!!!!!!!! YEEYEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - johnn