Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School is an integral part of the Catholic Church's mission to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. As an adult community, we share in the responsibility to prepare students for college and beyond while helping them grow to becoming persons of faith, virtue, and wisdom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English, AP Government, AP Art History, AP Computer Science, AP United States History, Honors courses for grades 7-12.|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Julie Lopez|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Jr. National Honor Society, Key Club, National Honor Society|
Club or Organization:
Broadcasting, Cyber Patriots, Debate, Elementary Chess Club, Elementary Math Team, Elementary Science Olympiad, Elementary Student Council, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Pro-Life Club, Rosary Club, School Ambassadors, Science Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Spirit Club, Student Council, Student Government Association, VEX Robotics, Young Men's Leadership, Young Women's Leadership, Youth Judicial, Youth Legislature
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Color Guard, Elementary Intramural Sports, Girls on the Run
- At Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School, you will find close bonds that are created by personal attention and fellowship among our faculty, staff, and students. This provides the family atmosphere for which we are known. Not only do we nurture intellectual needs, we also encourage spiritual growth.
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School has four campuses located in the heart of the Capital City. St. Bede Elementary Campus, offering four-year-old kindergarten through sixth grade (K4-6th grade), is located at the corner of Atlanta Highway and Perry Hill Road adjacent to St. Bede Catholic Church at 3850 Atlanta Highway). Holy Spirit Elementary Campus also offers four-year-old kindergarten through sixth grade K4-6th grade) and is located at 8580 Vaughn Road, behind Holy Spirit Catholic Church, across from the Wynlakes subdivision. The middle and high school campuses, seventh through twelfth grades (7th-12th grades), is located in east Montgomery on Vaughn Road near the south entrance to Blount Cultural Park at 5350 Vaughn Road.
- Each program has its own leadership and guidance counselor, tailoring each campus administration and services according to age group.
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School offers application for admission without regard to race, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin. Membership in the Catholic church is not a requirement to apply or attend Montgomery Catholic; families of all faiths are welcome.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: K-12
2328 Fairlane Dr
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)213-0803 1.1 K-12
I''ve attended Montgomery Catholic for 7 years. In the beginning, my experience was great, but the school's value in education, equality of students, and integrity dropped dramatically. Though the school does not participate in the ACE teaching program anymore, for a long part of my academic career here my teachers were first time teachers, who were learning how to control a classroom and create curriculum at the expense of our education. After the 2011-2012 school year, the high school gained a new principle, this change in administration resulted in a loss in the value of education and an increase in the value of the school’s reputation. The teacher turnover is unbelievable, each year the school loses 5+ teachers. As part of the school’s value in its looks and its reputation they are willing to fire a teacher who has been in the Montgomery Catholic school system for a long time, has an Ivy League education, and respect among all students and parents, because they are not a certified teacher. While the certified teachers do nothing valuable in the students education. I believe this "catholic education" is a waste of money and no example of the values which the school is "built on".
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mallo
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. IT IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS IN THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 93 AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! I PLAYED FOOTBALL WHEN WE WENT MADE THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS OK BECAUSE I HAD THE REST OF MY YEAR AT MY FAVORITE SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!! I LOVED MY TIME THERE!!!!!!!!!! YEEYEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - johnn
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.