- The William M. BeDell Achievement and Resource Center provides an educational/therapeutic program for children, focusing on the physical and mental development of the child, from 15 months to three years.
- Children served are developmentally delayed or at risk for delay.
- Referrals are received from physicians, hospitals, local school districts, and parents.
- Anyone may refer a child for assessment by an inter-disciplinary team.
- Individual family plans are developed by a Child Development Specialist, parent, speech/language pathologist, physical therapist, nurse, and social worker, based on the complete assessment of the child and family needs.
- The center-based Parent-Infant Education Program, licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services enables certified staff to interact with the children in a purposeful, healthful, and appropriate manner.
- Student programs are based on the following areas of training: communication skills, cognitive skills, motor skills, social skills, and self-help skills.
- Referrals to other community services for any additional child/family need are coordinated through the Parent-Infant Education Program; including transition planning from early intervention services into local education programs at age three.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.