- At Wooster School we mind what matters!
- Wooster School is a caring, joyful community where meaningful relationships characterize an exceptional education.
- A day school serving 363 boys and girls in grades Pre-K-12, Wooster combines academic excellence with a profound emphasis on community, character, and kindness.
- The curriculum emphasizes the joy of learning, creating lifelong readers, writers, and problem solvers. Extensive art, music, theater, and athletic programs, a vital honor code, weekly chapel service, daily campus stewardship, and required community service cultivate the intellectual, athletic, creative, spiritual, and ethical growth of our students ' for their benefit and for the good of our world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Average SAT score||1287|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on grade level: Pre K $13,900 up to $27,700 for 12th grade|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Paige Fischer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Art, Big Brother Big Sister, Chess, Information Technology, Multi-cultural club, Music, Outdoor Education, Student Leadership, The General: The Student Voice of Wooster, Year Book, weight lifting Art, Chess, Music, Year Book, weight lifting, Amnesty International,
Big Brother Big Sister,
The General: The Student Voice of Wooster,
- Can a school be accomplished, competitive, successful and kind? It can be if it's Wooster School. From prekindergarten through middle school to college preparation, a Wooster education combines academic excellence with a profound emphasis on community, character, and compassion. Our PK-12, coeducational, day school cultivates the intellectual, athletic, creative, spiritual and ethical growth of students for their benefit and for the good of the world.
- Located on the Ridgefield-Danbury border, Wooster has been committed to diversity in its student body and staff since 1926. Our 125 acre scenic campus provides a peaceful and safe environment that offers a variety of habitats for experimentation, direct study, and outdoor fun. The Lower School (PK-5) provides a language-rich environment that emphasizes the joy of learning, creating lifelong readers, writers, and problem solvers. The program features foreign language instruction that begins in kindergarten, thematic units that combine art and music with an interdisciplinary approach to learning, a science lab, computer competency, and excellent recreational facilities.
- The Middle School (6-8) program is designed to help students learn how to be effective learners in a safe, caring context that explicitly and implicitly teaches children about appropriate social interaction. The curriculum includes math classes grouped by ability, Latin, French, Spanish, geography, advisory groups, academic tournaments, instrumental music, try-outs for 32 sports teams, and a host of age-appropriate extra-curricular activities.
- The Upper School (9-12) features eighteen Advanced Placement courses, independent study, colloquia, professional artist/teachers, leadership experience in our 'self-help' program, extensive community service opportunities, and undefeated league champions or finalists in boys' baseball, lacrosse, soccer, and tennis as well as girls' basketball, lacrosse, soccer, and volleyball. Recent Wooster graduates currently attend Amherst, Barnard, Brown, Boston College, Cambridge University, Carnegie-Mellon, Cornell, Hamilton, NYU, Pratt Institute of Art, Princeton, RISD, RIT, UMichigan, Wesleyan, and Williams among other schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New CanaanGrades: 5-12 | 550 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
WaterburyGrades: PK-12 | 440 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
EastonGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
DanburyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810