Top Connecticut Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 449 top private schools in Connecticut, serving 77,525 students.
- The average private school tuition is $15,665 for elementary schools and $31,005 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
Whitby School Photo - Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
The Oxford Academy Photo - Oxford Academy is set along the vibrant shoreline of Connecticut. Our family style community of students and faculty are stewards to local beaches and waterways. They embrace the many rich offerings of the area including museums, volunteering and athletic competitions with shoreline schools.
The Taft School Photo - Taft's 226-acre campus is in New England's beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut.
Top Connecticut Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 130 Schools25,976 Students23% Minority
- 112 Schools14,232 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,893 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,488 Students16% Minority
- 104 Schools22,696 Students24% Minority
- 27 Schools2,499 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,998 Students19% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.