Top Connecticut Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 440 top private schools in Connecticut, serving 69,305 students.
- The average private school tuition is $16,206 for elementary schools and $32,601 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 69% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
Rectory School Photo - Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
Greenwich Catholic School Photo - Rooted in Faith. Surrounded by Community. Committed to Excellence.
Top Connecticut Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 131 Schools26,065 Students23% Minority
- 111 Schools14,159 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,877 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,377 Students16% Minority
- 102 Schools15,170 Students24% Minority
- 26 Schools2,484 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools1,927 Students19% Minority
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.