Top Connecticut Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 452 top private schools in Connecticut, serving 70,084 students.
- The average private school tuition is $16,463 for elementary schools and $32,239 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 69% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Oxford Academy Photo - Oxford Academy is set along the vibrant shoreline of Connecticut. Our family style community of students and faculty are stewards to local beaches and waterways. They embrace the many rich offerings of the area including museums, volunteering and athletic competitions with shoreline schools.
Rectory School Photo - Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
The Taft School Photo - Taft's 226-acre campus is in New England's beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut.
St. Thomas Aquinas Elementary School Photo - Welcome to St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School. For over 90 years we have been successfully educating students academically, spiritually, and morally. We educate students in Prekindergarten through 8th Grade. Our students live well the quote from St. Thomas Aquinas "Give expecting nothing thereof"
Top Connecticut Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 130 Schools25,842 Students23% Minority
- 112 Schools14,439 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,922 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,483 Students16% Minority
- 106 Schools15,449 Students24% Minority
- 27 Schools2,527 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,998 Students19% Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.