Connecticut Private Schools
- There are 452 private schools in Connecticut, serving 72,636 students.
- The average private school tuition is $13,520 for elementary schools and $31,807 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The beautiful shoreline of Connecticut makes a perfect spot for a school like Oxford. Our tight-knit community of students and faculty love to take advantage of all the area has to offer: beaches, museums, restaurants, and more!
Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
Students learn to work with many painting media such as acrylic, oil, and watercolor in this course that covers painting, design and visual concepts.
Music is part of the curriculum and Foote offers a number of ensembles from string to African drumming to jazz rock. Private after school lessons on campus are an option
At The Cobb School, Montessori in Simsbury, Connecticut, joy and delight in learning are matched by the values of hard work and self-discipline.
The Little Sprouts Program (ages 3 to 5) focuses on walking in balance with the natural world and learning to stay connected to our inner joy.
Our school was created to promote age specific play areas. We offer natural elements of nature such as trees and grass for the children to run and explore in, a concrete surface for bike riding and chalk creations and even a padded surface for our younger children who may not be as 'steady' on their feet. Children will enjoy exercising their bodies no matter their age in our play grounds. We have it all here!
Renbrook School provides students in preschool through grade nine with a robust, purposeful, and developmentally appropriate educational experience of the highest caliber.Small classes in an intimate community of supportive and caring teachers allow for an individualized approach to learningenabling each child to learn to take appropriate risks and identify and cultivate his or her own strengths.
Connecticut Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 133 Schools26,365 Students24% Minority
- 113 Schools15,486 Students23% Minority
- 30 Schools6,667 Students11% Minority
- 18 Schools2,672 Students14% Minority
- 107 Schools15,626 Students24% Minority
- 25 Schools2,810 Students30% Minority
- 14 Schools821 Students10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,014 Students10% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.