Top Connecticut Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 451 top private schools in Connecticut, serving 69,937 students.
- The average private school tuition is $15,787 for elementary schools and $32,312 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 70% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Whitby School Photo - Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
Rectory School Photo - Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
The Taft School Photo - Taft's 226-acre campus is in New England's beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut.
The Oxford Academy Photo - Oxford Academy is set along the vibrant shoreline of Connecticut. Our family style community of students and faculty are stewards to local beaches and waterways. They embrace the many rich offerings of the area including museums, volunteering and athletic competitions with shoreline schools.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
Top Connecticut Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 130 Schools25,842 Students23% Minority
- 112 Schools14,439 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,922 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,483 Students16% Minority
- 106 Schools15,449 Students24% Minority
- 27 Schools2,527 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,998 Students19% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.