Connecticut Private Schools
- There are 439 private schools in Connecticut, serving 70,841 students.
- The average private school tuition is $14,231 for elementary schools and $31,680 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 70% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
The beautiful shoreline of Connecticut makes a perfect spot for a school like Oxford. Our tight-knit community of students and faculty love to take advantage of all the area has to offer: beaches, museums, restaurants, and more!
230 students from 43 towns, reflecting a wide range of academic, personal and socioeconomic backgrounds. Faculty includes 43 teachers, 26 of whom hold master's degrees or above. Student-teacher ratio 6:1. Average class size 14
Connecticut Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 128 Schools25,928 Students24% Minority
- 109 Schools14,820 Students22% Minority
- 30 Schools6,677 Students11% Minority
- 18 Schools2,688 Students14% Minority
- 104 Schools15,271 Students23% Minority
- 24 Schools2,690 Students29% Minority
- 13 Schools751 Students10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,015 Students10% Minority
April 11, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?