Top Connecticut Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 451 top private schools in Connecticut, serving 69,937 students.
- The average private school tuition is $15,787 for elementary schools and $32,354 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 70% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
Whitby School Photo - Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
The Taft School Photo - Taft's 226-acre campus is in New England's beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut.
The Oxford Academy Photo - Oxford Academy is set along the vibrant shoreline of Connecticut. Our family style community of students and faculty are stewards to local beaches and waterways. They embrace the many rich offerings of the area including museums, volunteering and athletic competitions with shoreline schools.
Rectory School Photo - Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
ATLAS - Academic Theatre Lab on Audubon Photo - Co-Founders Maria Giarrizzo-Bartz and Caroline Golschneider lead students through a warm-up exercise at an experiential workshop.
Cold Spring School Photo - Wednesday All-School Meeting is a special time at Cold Spring School when all children, faculty, staff, and any parent whose schedule allows get together as a community to sing, recognize birthdays, and share news of projects classes are working on, trips they have attended, etc.
Top Connecticut Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 130 Schools25,842 Students23% Minority
- 112 Schools14,439 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,922 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,483 Students16% Minority
- 106 Schools15,449 Students24% Minority
- 27 Schools2,527 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,998 Students19% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.