Connecticut Private Schools
- There are 451 private schools in Connecticut, serving 70,325 students.
- The average private school tuition is $15,721 for elementary schools and $32,031 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 69% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
The beautiful shoreline of Connecticut makes a perfect spot for a school like Oxford. Our tight-knit community of students and faculty love to take advantage of all the area has to offer: beaches, museums, restaurants, and more!
Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
Connecticut Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 131 Schools26,200 Students23% Minority
- 113 Schools14,637 Students24% Minority
- 29 Schools6,687 Students15% Minority
- 20 Schools2,483 Students16% Minority
- 107 Schools15,642 Students24% Minority
- 27 Schools2,527 Students22% Minority
- 13 Schools765 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,998 Students19% Minority
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
August 14, 2018
Your religion matters to you. You want your child to attend a school which will combine academics and religious education. Here is an overview of what is available together with some links to denominational web sites.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.