Connecticut Private Schools
- There are 431 private schools in Connecticut, serving 70,285 students.
- The average private school tuition is $15,709 for elementary schools and $31,893 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 70% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
Spanish immersion begins at 18 months at Whitby. Teachers take a hands on approach to help students understand a second language.
Connecticut Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 127 Schools25,681 Students24% Minority
- 107 Schools14,737 Students22% Minority
- 29 Schools6,677 Students11% Minority
- 18 Schools2,688 Students14% Minority
- 100 Schools15,031 Students23% Minority
- 24 Schools2,690 Students29% Minority
- 13 Schools751 Students10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,015 Students10% Minority
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.