Top Connecticut Schools By Membership Association
For the 2021 school year, there are 46 top school membership associations in Connecticut, serving 325 private schools (75% of all schools) and 59,731 students.
The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (27% of schools), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (24% of schools) and Other school association(s) (18% of schools).
Greenwich Catholic School Photo - Rooted in Faith. Surrounded by Community. Committed to Excellence.
The Independent Day School Photo - Located in the rolling hills of Middlefield, Connecticut, IDS sits on a beautiful 33-acre campus with state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional teachers dedicated to Fearless Learning!
Rectory School Photo - Rectory's 138-acre campus, located in beautiful Pomfret, CT is located within 45-minutes of three major cities (Hartford, CT, Worcester, MA, Providence, RI), 1 1/2 hours from Boston, and 3 hours from New York City. Our campus has 25 buildings, including 11 dormitories, the Bigelow Academic Center and the Hale elementary space and Smith Learning Center, opening in 2017.
Talcott Mountain Academy Of Science Mathematics Photo - Your child can make a difference in the future of the world. We can make a world of difference in the future of your child.
New Canaan Country School Photo - Academics, arts, music and athletics are woven into our students' day to pique their curiosity and instill a joy of learning.
The Woodhall School Photo - The Woodhall School as seen from above. Photographed by student Gabe M. '12, licensed pilot.
Forman School Photo - The academic program at Forman School offers a college preparatory curriculum supported by a full-service learning center. Our goal is to provide an optimal learning experience for our students.
Cold Spring School Photo - Cold Spring School's Director is Arati Pandit, an educator with deep experience and belief in progressive education.
Watkinson School Photo - Key to Watkinson's Science curriculum is our mission: giving students the power to shape their lives and the world around them. Students need to understand the natural laws governing our world in order to make change. We challenge students with real world problems, like reducing energy consumption and assessing/reducing local water pollution as ways to connect knowledge with change.
Top Connecticut Private Schools by Membership Association (2021)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 3 Schools98 Students34.38% Minority
- 10 Schools880 Students30.62% Minority
- 20 Schools1,879 Students20.20% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools286 Students23.44% Minority
- 3 Schools390 Students22.93% Minority
- 15 Schools1,565 Students28.73% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students90.91% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools398 Students7.08% Minority
- 2 Schools159 Students12.61% Minority
- 1 Schools210 Students22.64% Minority
- 2 Schools85 Students40.00% Minority
- 1 Schools101 Students33.33% Minority
- 1 Schools80 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools134 Students97.37% Minority
- 4 Schools2,110 Students37.41% Minority
- 2 Schools824 Students22.59% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students10.38% Minority
- 1 Schools826 Students22.47% Minority
- 1 Schools469 Students14.35% Minority
- 2 Schools147 Students23.08% Minority
- 48 Schools5,105 Students29.46% Minority
- 1 Schools169 Students25.48% Minority
- 5 Schools891 Students14.79% Minority
- 79 Schools26,935 Students20.35% Minority
- 2 Schools369 Students93.28% Minority
- 15 Schools1,204 Students45.33% Minority
- 2 Schools637 Students9.45% Minority
- 88 Schools21,574 Students27.31% Minority
- 4 Schools1,595 Students16.10% Minority
- 2 Schools824 Students22.59% Minority
- 3 Schools890 Students9.95% Minority
- 3 Schools685 Students- Minority
- 49 Schools14,010 Students20.92% Minority
- 1 Schools120 Students- Minority
- 13 Schools1,170 Students44.40% Minority
- 9 Schools467 Students28.24% Minority
- 9 Schools1,613 Students23.93% Minority
- 60 Schools11,447 Students27.01% Minority
- 19 Schools1,225 Students38.27% Minority
- 2 Schools199 Students8.51% Minority
- 1 Schools85 Students30.00% Minority
- 34 Schools10,801 Students17.35% Minority
- 20 Schools7,065 Students26.09% Minority
- 1 Schools356 Students10.24% Minority
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.