Kingswood Oxford School
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 518 students
- Yearly Tuition: $43,600
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Upcoming Events and News
- Deciding on a Career in Medicine - 11/18/2022Kingswood Oxford science aficionado Sasha Dausey `25 embraced her medical immersion experience at the Dr. Kiran Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, suturing pig`s feet, dissecting pig`s brains and becoming certified in CPR through her stipend as a Martin Nicholson Scholar this summer.
Academics and Faculty
collared shirts, sweater, khakis
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Epic Literary Magazine (Upper School), Female Empowerment Club, Forensic Union (Debate), Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Global Awareness Organization, Green Team (environmental awareness), Investment Club, KO Cares, KO News, Math Club, Mock Trial (Middle School), Model United Nations, Music Publications, Peer Mentors, Prefects (Seniors who Mentor Freshman), Retrospect Yearbook, Senior Advisors (Mentors to 6th Graders), Shield & Dragon (student hosts), Student Government, Student Tutors, Team Tobati, The Voice Literary Magazine (Middle School), United Students, Various Other Student Clubs each year, Video Club, Wyvern Nation Spirit Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choral Programs, Orchestra Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Essential to the KO experience is our emphasis on our Core Values of demonstrating integrity, respect, responsibility, embracing intellectual curiosity, learning with passion and perseverance, caring beyond self, taking personal responsibility and working hard, taking risks, becoming involved. Everything we do revolves around these values. There`s a wonderful sense among the entire community of wanting and encouraging each student to do well and to reach his or her potential academically, socially and emotionally. We work to empower students to become independent, to self-advocate and to embrace lifelong learning through a rich and robust academic program as well as co-curricular activities and leadership opportunities. KO students are multi-faceted, motivated and compassionate.
- Opportunities abound for students to find their voice, to discover a passion they didn`t know they had -- to shine. KO offers a safe and nurturing environment to test new ideas, start campus initiatives and work through challenges. KO faculty and staff work with parents every step of the way. We believe that the parent-teacher partnership is critical to the student`s success. A faculty advisor meets with a small group of students several times a week to help them navigate academic and social issues and check in with parents should a challenge arise. Advisors are always here to listen and to guide with patience and honesty. And, as a day school, students form one cohesive group; no lines of demarcation exist between a day student and boarding student. We all share a similar experience - going home to our families at night.
- Additional KO Stories can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-r0ll3eN8U&index=1&list=PLbI3QjSIM8T70Iu-5Vz68P3nSu3yFg3UU
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kingswood Oxford School cost?
Kingswood Oxford School's tuition is approximately $43,600 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Kingswood Oxford School?
The acceptance rate of Kingswood Oxford School is 60%, which is lower than the national average of 68%.
What sports does Kingswood Oxford School offer?
Kingswood Oxford School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Kingswood Oxford School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Kingswood Oxford School?
The application deadline for Kingswood Oxford School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Kingswood Oxford School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards