East Catholic High School
- Building on Catholic tradition and teaching, we provide an integrated approach to learning in an authentically Catholic and yet ecumenically sensitive community. Within this faith community, we strive to recognize Gods presence in the varied experiences of everyday high school life.
- In our education of the whole person, we value academic excellence, personal growth, and social commitment.
- We want to teach our students how to become life-long learners who think critically and creatively, act compassionately and justly, and serve others generously and courageously.
- The success of our educational endeavor depends on the belief, commitment, and participation of faculty, staff, administration, and students in collaboration with parents and the wider community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Literature, Biology, British Literature, Calculus, Chemistry, European History, Music Theory, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Devlin|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 492 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
- HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 242 students
180 Bloomfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
- MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 882 students
181 Randolph Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
- SuffieldGrades: 9-12 | 413 students
185 N Main St
Suffield, CT 06078
- WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
142 S Elm Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.