East Catholic High School
- East Catholic exists to educate young men and women according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Building on Catholic tradition and teaching, we provide an integrated approach to learning in an authentically Catholic and yet ecumenically sensitive community.
- Within this faith community, we strive to recognize Gods presence in the varied experiences of everyday high school life.
- In our education of the whole person, we value academic excellence, personal growth, and social commitment.
- We want to teach our students how to become life-long learners who think critically and creatively, act compassionately and justly, and serve others generously and courageously.
- We assist students in becoming adults who love God, and therefore, respect themselves, others, the earth and the universe as part of Gods living creation.
- The success of our educational endeavor depends on the belief, commitment, and participation of faculty, staff, administration, and students in collaboration with parents and the wider community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Literature, Biology, British Literature, Calculus, Chemistry, European History, Music Theory, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Devlin|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 492 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 242 students
180 Bloomfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 882 students
181 Randolph Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
BristolGrades: 9-12 | 439 students
1001 Stafford Ave
Bristol, CT 06010
WindsorGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
4 Batchelder Road
Windsor, CT 06095
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?