East Catholic High School
Building on Catholic tradition and teaching, we provide an integrated approach to learning in an authentically Catholic and yet ecumenically sensitive community. Within this faith community, we strive to recognize Gods presence in the varied experiences of everyday high school life.
In our education of the whole person, we value academic excellence, personal growth, and social commitment.
We want to teach our students how to become life-long learners who think critically and creatively, act compassionately and justly, and serve others generously and courageously.
The success of our educational endeavor depends on the belief, commitment, and participation of faculty, staff, administration, and students in collaboration with parents and the wider community.
East Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Literature, Biology, British Literature, Calculus, Chemistry, European History, Music Theory, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||plus additional fees|
|Admissions Director||Mary Roberts|
|Admissions Associate||Dorota Debski|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- East Catholic High School is a regional college-preparatory school of the Archdiocese of Hartford. Building on Catholic tradition and the charism of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, we challenge our students to build strong moral character while pursuing academic excellence, responsible citizenship, active participation in community service, sportsmanship, and an appreciation for the fine arts. Guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, East Catholic is a welcoming environment for all students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: 6-12 | 518 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
(860) 727-5000 9.3 6-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.