- Established in 1981, The Cornerstone Christian School is a PreK-12th grade school serving the greater Hartford area for over 30 years and is located in Manchester, CT. At Cornerstone we seek to educate the whole child, recognizing each student as a unique child who is growing not only academically, but also spiritually, physically, and socially.
- It is our desire that our graduates will possess a solid spiritual foundation, be academically prepared, and will leave our doors to engage the world as Christ's ambassadors.
- We seek to accomplish this goal through a quality program that includes high academic standards built upon the unshakable foundation of a biblical worldview, and opportunities for students to participate in leadership training and service opportunities. Here at Cornerstone our purpose is simple--we are ....Teaching Truth...Training Minds...Transforming Lives!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of the Nazarene|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform Required )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We offer financial aid. Please contact us for more information.|
|Admissions Director||Joy Press|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
- Look for additional information at our website, www.TheCornerstoneChristianSchool.com or get a more personal look at the school on facebook, www.facebook.com/thecornerstonechristianschool
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ManchesterGrades: K-9 | 202 students
74 Main St
Manchester, CT 06042
ManchesterGrades: PK-8 | 390 students
73 Park Street
Manchester, CT 06040
BoltonGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
Po Box 9175 104 Notch Road
Bolton, CT 06043
ManchesterGrades: PK-8 | 144 students
27 Adams Street S
Manchester, CT 06040
Vernon RockvilleGrades: K-8 | 70 students
Po Box 177 20 School Street
Vernon Rockville, CT 06066
This is the 2nd year that our children have attended Cornerstone and we couldn't be happier! (They are in pre k4 and 2nd grade) The teachers & faculty are fantastic, they truly care about your children and their development. The communication is great and the teachers build relationships with you. (Unlike our public school where we only received feedback at the few parent teacher conferences) The school provides them with a quality education with an emphasis on the word of God. There is a strong sense of community and most importantly, our children love it!
- Posted by Parent - Fbam1
My four youngest children will be graduates of Cornerstone as of June 2015. I am blessed to have found a school that has steadily been committed to teaching my children from a biblical worldview. The teachers and administrators genuinely care for each and every student, and they have encouraged each of the students to be all that God designed him/her to be. The faculty and staff are always willing to go the extra mile. It is an incredible privilege to be a part of God's work at Cornerstone!
- Posted by Administrator - tsnyd
I love this school and feel so blessed to be able to send my three children here. Not only are they receiving a solid academic education but, more importantly, they''re learning to find their way in their own individual faith walk. They''re witnessing the school's leadership truly living out their faith. It is clear the staff at this school love The Lord by the way they demonstrate love and grace to the students. It's a beautiful thing to know that your child's teacher is praying for and with your child during challenging times. My experience has been that this school accomplishes its mission of "training minds, teaching truth and transforming lives". I''m comforted to watch my children, including a teenager, grow up feeling good about who they are and how our Lord created them, in part because the community is so loving and accepting. I recommend this school to anyone who loves The Lord and wants a school to partner with in the facilitating of their child's relationship with his or her Creator.
- Posted by Parent - Licke
We have been sending our children to this school for the past seven years and plan on continuing there through the graduation of my youngest child. In addition to the wonderful Christian education this school provides, the teachers and staff also provide a safe and loving community for my children to belong to. I highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Our family is SO thankful for CCS! Both of our children have attended the school since they were very young (they are in the secondary program now) and I believe that both their academic minds and spiritual lives have been richly developed through the school. Teachers are loving and committed to bringing out the very best in each student, administration is fair and attentive to the needs of students and the other students are a delight to know! The servant-leadership program, cross-grade service projects and annual school-wide themes are unique to Cornerstone and in my opinion make it stand out from the rest - CCS is truly the best!
- Posted by Parent - Glad2