The Master's School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Located on a beautifully wooded 76-acre ten building campus in West Simsbury, The Master's School is a nationally accredited, non-denominational Christian day school, a unique asset in the Farmington Valley.
- A diverse student body of approximately 400 students from 47 towns and 77 churches in Connecticut and Massachusetts is the face of The Master's School today.
- Since its founding in 1970, the guiding principle of The Master's School has been the integration of faith and learning.
- The school provides a full spectrum of educational opportunities, from the accredited Early Childhood Center for 3 and 4 year-olds, to full-day kindergarten through an excellent college-preparatory high school program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based-mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1114|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Chapel Dress on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jez McIntosh|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Neville-Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
77 Bloomfield Avenue
Windsor, CT 06095
(860)688-6401 11.2 PK-8
- Kent Grades: 9-12 | 166 students
476 Skiff Mountain Road
Kent, CT 06757
(860)927-0047 33.4 9-12
Excellent college prep program with a Biblical world view!
- Posted by Teacher - Mark
My three boys go to Masters Elementary School and Pre-school program. I can't say enough about the quality of education they receive there. The staff and teachers are committed to providing an environment that instills integrity in my children. I am confident my boys are learning on a high academic level, and will leave the school with sound morals as they prepare for college and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - krist
I highly recommend this school! All three of my elementary school aged children attend and I am continually amazed at the strong academic attention my children receive each day. The small class size prevents the excessive wastes of time we experienced in public school. Teachers KNOW my children's personality, aptitude, and learning styles.... This information follows them from grade to grade so that the next year's teacher can hit the ground running. The middle and upper school students are great role models for my children and impress me with their class, style, and Christian values..... I am so happy that there is a school in this area that gives us both strong academics and strong Christian values.....
- Posted by Parent - lisa-
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?