The Master's School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Located on a beautifully wooded 76-acre ten building campus in West Simsbury, The Master's School is a nationally accredited, non-denominational Christian day school, a unique asset in the Farmington Valley.
- A diverse student body of approximately 400 students from 47 towns and 77 churches in Connecticut and Massachusetts is the face of The Master's School today.
- Since its founding in 1970, the guiding principle of The Master's School has been the integration of faith and learning.
- The school provides a full spectrum of educational opportunities, from the accredited Early Childhood Center for 3 and 4 year-olds, to full-day kindergarten through an excellent college-preparatory high school program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based-mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Chapel Dress on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sara Yelling|
|Admissions Associate||Jill Paddock|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West HartfordGrades: NS-8 | 347 students
2865 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
- HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 242 students
180 Bloomfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
- WindsorGrades: PK-8 | 207 students
77 Bloomfield Avenue
Windsor, CT 06095
- SuffieldGrades: 9-12 | 413 students
185 N Main St
Suffield, CT 06078
- West HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 492 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
Excellent college prep program with a Biblical world view!
- Posted by Teacher - Mark
My three boys go to Masters Elementary School and Pre-school program. I can't say enough about the quality of education they receive there. The staff and teachers are committed to providing an environment that instills integrity in my children. I am confident my boys are learning on a high academic level, and will leave the school with sound morals as they prepare for college and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - krist
I highly recommend this school! All three of my elementary school aged children attend and I am continually amazed at the strong academic attention my children receive each day. The small class size prevents the excessive wastes of time we experienced in public school. Teachers KNOW my children's personality, aptitude, and learning styles.... This information follows them from grade to grade so that the next year's teacher can hit the ground running. The middle and upper school students are great role models for my children and impress me with their class, style, and Christian values..... I am so happy that there is a school in this area that gives us both strong academics and strong Christian values.....
- Posted by Parent - lisa-
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.