5.00 (5 reviews)
Renbrook School Photo #2 - Renbrook School provides students in preschool through grade nine with a robust, purposeful, and developmentally appropriate educational experience of the highest caliber.Small classes in an intimate community of supportive and caring teachers allow for an individualized approach to learningenabling each child to learn to take appropriate risks and identify and cultivate his or her own strengths.
Renbrook School Photo #3 - In our science classes, our primary purpose is to increase students' understanding of the scientific way we learn about and understand the universe. We take the long view first and study a variety of processes on planet Earth and the challenges life must overcome to exist on the planet.
Renbrook School Photo #4 - Through a constant variety of hands on activities and projects (topics are often chosen on their own), we show students how science affects their lives. Whether we're in the classroom, walking through our woods and fields, exploring our pond, or keeping up to date with new discoveries on the internet, we are in constant motion.
Renbrook School Photo #5 - Arts and Athletics: 15 sports offerings for grades six through nine with every student participating in physical education. 10 different performing groups in a variety of Arts opportunities.
Renbrook School Photo #6 - From preschool to grade five, we seek to promote students to the Upper School who are joyful, resilient, life-long learners. Lower School embraces a philosophy of education that combines a nurturing, inclusive learning environment with an increasingly challenging academic program that recognizes the learning style and developmental needs of each student.
Renbrook School Photo #7 - Buddy Programs are organized by teachers, to pair up classes of older and younger students. For example, the ninth graders are traditionally buddies with the preschoolers or JK students.
Renbrook School Photo #10 - We believe that the Visual Arts play a vital part in educating the whole child. At Renbrook, every student has the opportunity to learn how to communicate their ideas visually, as they experiment with new materials. Students are given the technical skills they need to allow them to explore and discover, as they find their own artistic voice.
- At Renbrook, we educate the "complete" student-your child will grow intellectually, socially, and ethically.
- Renbrook School prepares your preschool to eighth grade child for success at secondary school and beyond.
- At Renbrook, your child`s education will be characterized by small classes and personal attention from faculty members.
- With about 200 students in each of our Lower and Upper Schools, class sizes of 10:15 are typical.
- In this smaller, focused learning environment, your child will have the opportunity to ask questions, share ideas, and to learn-both from dedicated, passionate educators, and from the other students in the class.
- We value challenging academic work, but also encourage creativity, versatility, and a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
- Most importantly, like few other schools, we support your child`s individual advancement and achievement. This is learning. This is Renbrook.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Casual in grades PS-5th)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is for highest grade offered. See website for additional tuition amounts.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jane Livziey|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Egan|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Gymnastics,
- WATCH OUR VIDEOS TO LEARN MORE:
- Celebrating our differences brings us together - https://vimeo.com/245265490
- How does school feel when the "extras" aren't extra? - https://vimeo.com/245265629
- The Comfort to Stretch the Freedom to Dream - https://vimeo.com/245265531
- How does middle school feel when your child is known? - https://vimeo.com/245265598
- An exciting, active, transformational education that brings learning to life, instills values, shapes character, and develops leaders. This is Renbrook. To learn more, please go to our web site, www.renbrook.org, where you will find information about our curriculum, current news and events, and details about the admission process. The Office of Admission is also happy to assist you. Please call them at 860.236.1661 x 227.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: 6-12 | 512 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
(860)727-5000 2.9 6-12
- Simsbury Grades: 6-12 | 226 students
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860)408-4200 5.2 6-12
Our son joined the Renbrook upper school this fall. We have been very pleased with the quality of education and social dynamics. The adults genuinely care about the whole child and encourage respectful behavior in tandem with a strong work ethic. Our son repeated his 6th grade year, and the contrast from the 6th grade public school curriculum is striking. The math program is well beyond where he finished in 6th grade at our neighborhood elementary school. The most engaging piece for our son is the amount of project-work assigned at Renbrook. He is learning to work collaboratively and budget his time for long-term projects. The upper school achieves a nice balance of blending the necessary requirements of a standard 6th grade curriculum with the curiosity and creativity which are still so much a part of a 12-year-old. The sports program is inclusive and has offered him an opportunity to try new things. The JV teams are fun and allow kids to be a part of a team and gain valuable lessons, without the year-round commitment that often accompanies youth sports today. It can be hard to justify tuition when CT has some outstanding public schools, but for our family the results have been worth it.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa3
I am forever indebted to Renbrook for providing me the tools to succed in High School, College, and life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Raul
After visiting several schools in the area for our daughters, RENBROOK SCHOOL, was the easiest decision we had to make. Superb faculty and staff, and a 5 star facility. Waiting to see what the final product looks like. FM
- Posted by Parent - FM2017
We're very happy with our decision to send our daughter Renbrook!
- Posted by Parent - Kellie8095
Renbrook provides a solid foundation for its students. I am grateful for the skills and confidence it provided me and how it prepared me for a successful secondary educational career and beyond. The feeling that the school, its faculty and staff, and fellow students have for this special place is immense.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - junk
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.