Ben Bronz Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (860) 236-5807
- Ben Bronz Academy is a day school for bright learning disabled students, Grades 2 to 12.
- Twenty-six faculty guide 60 students through an intensive school day that includes Meta-Learning, frequencies, remedial reading, writing, and mathematics, literature, science, and Social Studies.
- Oral language is developed and stressed in all classes. Our students learn organization, research skills, and study skills as part of every class.
- Through frequencies and classroom exercises, they become faster and more efficient at gleaning new information.
- Twice each year we go on 'Research Weeks.' Regular school stops and we spend a week studying one topic, then travel to a location where we can get 'primary source' information.
- Every student writes, 'defends', and 'publishes' his original research. How effective are we Our data tells us that students come to the Academy with a median deficit of 3 years in reading.
- Eight out of ten students who enter the Academy below level in reading return to or exceed normal reading growth in their first year of enrollment.
- Of the alumni who have contacted us, 80% have gone on to the Academic or Vocational pursuit they wanted to choose, not blocked by their disabilities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: 1-12 | 43 students
840 North Main St.
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 236-2049 2.6 1-12
- East Haddam Grades: 8-12 | 85 students
140 River Road
East Haddam, CT 06423
(860) 873-2700 27.3 8-12
- West Hartford Grades: K-12 | 153 students
1678 Asylum Ave
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 232-5616 2.2 K-12
- West Hartford Grades: 6-12 | 518 students
170 Kingswood Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
(860) 727-5000 1.2 6-12
excellent teaching, kind, supportive staff, students who have had difficulty making friends find a place where they can be themselves and be completely be accepted. All students see their academic success and that of their peers and so they gain confidence and start to see school as a fun place again.
- Posted by Parent - stadd
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.