- Franklin Academy creates a community-focused boarding and day school where students with unique learning styles develop and strenghten academic and social competencies vital to the pursuit of college goals, professional aspirations, and fulfilling lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Nonverbal Learning Difference, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers, ADHD|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$77,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all inclusive and paid in advance. Quarterly financing options are available.|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Pope|
|Admissions Associate||Vince Schmidt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Resident Assistants, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Student-Driven clubs vary Resident Assistants,
Student-Driven clubs vary,
- Our program is designed to support our students' learning style and to enhance their strengths, while responding appropriately to the challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder's.
- Compensatory strategies to address these challenges, as well as the development of social skills and independent living skills, are programmatic priorities.
- Franklin Academy's small classes, the multi-modal and differentiated instruction, and close student-faculty relationships are of particular benefit for all of our students.
- Three programs are available at Franklin Academy: High School; the Franklin Learning Institute, College program; and Summer Sojourn.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.