Tel: (860) 873-2700 Ext. 1114
- Franklin Academy creates a community-focused boarding and day school where students with unique learning styles develop and strenghten academic and social competencies vital to the pursuit of college goals, professional aspirations, and fulfilling lives.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Nonverbal Learning Difference,High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,250|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||2020 Cyber Summer tuition was $1,250 per class. Two classes offered per two-week session. Three, two-week sessions offered. Traditionally, our summer program is on-campus. Will update to reflect 2021 realities.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Advanced Courses||Honors classes offered with AP exam|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$79,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Pope|
|Admissions Associate||Vince Schmidt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Resident Assistants, Student Ambassadors, Student and faculty driven clubs and activities vary, Student Government
- Our program is designed to support our students' learning style and to enhance their strengths while responding appropriately to the challenges of high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder, and related executive functioning and social challenges.
- Compensatory strategies to address these challenges, as well as the development of social skills and independent living skills, are programmatic priorities.
- Franklin Academy's small classes, the multi-modal and differentiated instruction, and close student-faculty relationships are of particular benefit for all of our students.
- Five programs are available at Franklin Academy: High School; the Franklin Learning Institute, College or Gap Year program; Summer Program, skills-based summer camp; Evaluation Center; and College Coaching Program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethlehem Grades: 9-12 | 43 students
58 Harrison Ln
Bethlehem, CT 06751
(203) 266-7788 41.9 9-12
- Brooklyn Grades: K-12 | 70 students
Brooklyn, CT 06234
(860) 774-5619 32.4 K-12
- Middletown Grades: 1-12 | 134 students
20 Tuttle Pl Ste 4
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 793-3717 16.6 1-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.