- Franklin Academy creates a community-focused boarding and day school where students with unique learning styles develop and strenghten academic and social competencies vital to the pursuit of college goals, professional aspirations, and fulfilling lives.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Nonverbal Learning Difference,High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,750|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||There are 2 and 4 weeks options. $3,750 for 2 weeks, $7,000 for 4 weeks.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$79,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive.|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Pope|
|Admissions Associate||Vince Schmidt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Resident Assistants, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Student-Driven clubs vary
- Our program is designed to support our students' learning style and to enhance their strengths while responding appropriately to the challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Non-Verbal Learning Disorder's.
- Compensatory strategies to address these challenges, as well as the development of social skills and independent living skills, are programmatic priorities.
- Franklin Academy's small classes, the multi-modal and differentiated instruction, and close student-faculty relationships are of particular benefit for all of our students.
- Five programs are available at Franklin Academy: High School; the Franklin Learning Institute, College or Gap Year program; Summer Sojourn, skills-based, summer camp; Evaluation Center; and College Coaching Program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethlehem Grades: 9-12 | 43 students
58 Harrison Ln
Bethlehem, CT 06751
(203)266-7788 41.9 9-12
- Brooklyn Grades: K-12 | 70 students
Brooklyn, CT 06234
(860)774-5619 32.4 K-12
- Middletown Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
20 Tuttle Pl Ste 4
Middletown, CT 06457 16.6 9-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.