St. Bernard School
- Saint Bernard School, a Catholic co-educational school, co-sponsored by the Diocese of Norwich and the Xaverian Brothers, admits students of all faiths from grades 6-12.
- The Saint Bernard School community commits to a challenging college-preparatory education, enriched by values attentive to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- We provide a safe and supportive atmosphere which fosters academic achievement and generates growth in maturity, behavior, character, and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
Xaverian Brothers School Sponsorship
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, European History, French, Psychology, Spanish, Studio Art: 2-D Portfolio, Studio Art: Drawing Portfolio, United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,300|
|Tuition Notes||12,300 for High School 7,300 for Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly S. Hodges|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts Workshop, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Drama Club, Enviromental Club, Mock Trial Club, Multi Cultural Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honors Society, Newspaper Club, Peer Ministry, Peer Tutoring, Ping Pong Club, Praise Choir/Praise Band, Ski Club, Speech Club, Student Ambassador Club, Student Council, Travel Club, Tri M Music Honor Society, Volleyball Club|
Club or Organization:
Saint Bernard families come from all types of socio-economic levels, ethnic backgrounds, and locations within Southeastern Connecticut. Approximately 5% of the student population consists of international students. Scholarship, Spirit, Community - these are the defining hallmarks of a Saint Bernard education. Committed to the education of the whole person, Saint Bernard students leave prepared for the challenges of college and to become leaders in their local and global community.
- Class of 2012 College/University Attendance Rate: 97.3%
- Total Scholarships Granted to Class of 2012: $5,057,200
- SAT's: 100% senior student participation
- Total AP Exams Taken: 102; AP Pass Rate: 82%; AP Awards: 14
- 2012 National Merit Scholarships: 4 Semifinalists; 3 Commended
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.