Xavier High School
- As a Catholic, college preparatory school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers, Xavier endeavors to form a man who is challenged academically, spiritually alive, physically sound, and technologically aware.
- Our academic, religious, service, athletic and extracurricular programs are constructed to reflect a community centered on Judeo-Christian values.
- Members of the Xavier community support each student in his growth as a human being.
- Xavier instills in each student a sense of responsibility for using his God given talents and gifts to the best of his ability.
- Be a man is the motto of Xavier High School, summing up the educational mission of our school.
- This motto, often extended to, "Be a man. A man like Jesus," is central to our philosophy, and is reflected in how we work with students to realize maturity and the dignity of the human spirit.
- To achieve this goal we guide all students in educational and vocational needs, helping them prepare for college, for work, and above all, for life itself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||882 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Admissions Director||Brother Thomas Fahey, C.F.X.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
ManchesterGrades: 9-12 | 654 students
115 New State Rd
Manchester, CT 06042
OakdaleGrades: 8-12 | 115 students
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
142 S Elm Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 904 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?