Hamden Hall Country Day School
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 597 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Hamden Hall Country Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
A Capella, Admissions Ambassadors, Amnesty International, Art Club, Biology Olympiad, Board Games Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Chorus Ensemble, Computer Science Club, Conservation Club, Debate Team, Economics, FACES Literary Magazine, Fiber Arts/DIY, GSA, Innovation & Design, Interact Club (Community Service), Investment Club, Jazz Ensemble, Linguistics Olympiad, Math Team, Model U.N., Multicultural Students Interests, Physics Bowl, Production Crew, Puzzle Team, Robotics Club, Science, Student Government, Student Musicians Union, Student Newspaper, Swarm: School Spirit, Table Tennis Club, Thespians/Drama Club, Woodworking Club, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Health and Fitness Club, Outdoors Club, Running Club, Strength and Conditioning, Yoga
- THE SCHOOL
- A college preparatory independent day school.
- Enrollment of 600 boys and girls.
- PreSchool through Grade 12 from 50 communities and six foreign countries.
- Founded in 1912 by Dr. John Cushing.
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- THE FACULTY
- 112 faculty members..
- 80 percent of the faculty hold advanced degrees.
- Student/faculty ratio: 6 to 1.
- Average class size: 12.
- THE STUDENTS
- Three-quarters of graduating seniors historically admitted tocolleges ranked as "most competitive" or "highly competitive."
- Historically, 15 percent of our seniors receive recognition from the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- In our 2019-2020 sophomore, junior, and senior classes, 59 students earned AP Scholar Recognition, including 30 Scholars with Distinction and 12 Scholars with Honor. Four seniors were also recognized as National AP Scholars.
- Historically, 15 to 20 percent of students in our graduating classes compete at the collegiate Division I and Division III levels. Click here to view the schools at which our students are playing.
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
- Nearly 30 Advanced Placement and post-AP academic courses oFFered.
- Over 50 varsity and sub-varsity oerings at the Middle and Upper School levels.
- Signature Programs include our Global Online Academy, EarlyChildhood Reading Program, Mystic Seaport Partnership, Science, Innovation & Design Program, Princeton Peer Leadership Program, Makerspace Design Lab, and Music and Theatre Programs.
- After School Academy featuring Extended Day, Extended Courses, and Extended Activities during the after-school hours and non-school day coverage throughout the year and summer for students in Grades PreSchool through Grade 8.
- Extensive enrichment and recreational programs for all grade levels to complement a state-of-the-art athletic and recreation center.
- Grades 4-6 athletic teams.
- Robust performing and visual arts program that garners national attention.
- Broad selection of student clubs and activities, including numerous community service opportunities.
- Transportation covering a 40-mile radius.
Endorse Hamden Hall Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards