5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (203) 764-9314
- Cedarhurst School is a private therapeutic junior and senior high school, serving grades 6-12, operated by Yale University.
- It offers a structured and supportive learning environment for students identified as SED and OHI. Cedarhurst offers both mainstream programs and self-contained programs for students requiring more intensive, ongoing academic instruction and behavioral interventions.
- Academic course schedules are tailored to meet the credit requirements of the referring school.
- Students learn in an atmosphere that fosters attention, concentration, and the organizational skills necessary for academic success.
- Providing small classes with a maximum of eight students allows students who have failed to adapt to other settings to thrive academically, emotionally and socially in our nurturing environment.
- A clinician is assigned to each student providing therapeutic interventions and individual meetings as needed.
- The staff consists of a director, certified special education teachers, a nurse, licensed clinical social workers and other trained support staff.
- The referral process includes an interview and shadow visit(s) to determine appropriateness for either program.
- The mission of the Cedarhurst School is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment in which adolescents can achieve success.
- The goal of the mission is to integrate education and therapeutic interventions to assist in the emotional and social growth necessary to transition back to the home school district, graduate from high school, attend college or obtain gainful employment and become productive, caring members of the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden Grades: 2-12 | 63 students
1400 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203) 248-2116 1.1 2-12
- Milford Grades: 2-12 | 14 students
597 Naugatuck Avenue
Milford, CT 06461
(203) 876-0864 13.2 2-12
- Hamden Grades: 5-12 | 13 students
1861 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203) 230-4877 2.2 5-12
- Hamden Grades: 9-12 | 488 students
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
(203) 288-2309 2.2 9-12
- Orange Grades: 2-11 | 29 students
719 Derby Milford Rd
Orange, CT 06477
(203) 795-6075 7.7 2-11
Cedarhurst School is an excellent alternative program. It meets the students’ academic, behavioral and social/emotional needs. A solid staff of professionals providing guidance and support for the student and family.
- Posted by Administrator - LEA
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?