- Cedarhurst School is a private therapeutic junior and senior high school, serving grades 6-12, operated by Yale University.
- It offers a structured and supportive learning environment for students identified as SED and OHI. Cedarhurst offers both mainstream programs and self-contained programs for students requiring more intensive, ongoing academic instruction and behavioral interventions.
- Academic course schedules are tailored to meet the credit requirements of the referring school.
- Students learn in an atmosphere that fosters attention, concentration, and the organizational skills necessary for academic success.
- Providing small classes with a maximum of eight students allows students who have failed to adapt to other settings to thrive academically, emotionally and socially in our nurturing environment.
- A clinician is assigned to each student providing therapeutic interventions and individual meetings as needed.
- The staff consists of a director, certified special education teachers, a nurse, licensed clinical social workers and other trained support staff.
- The referral process includes an interview and shadow visit(s) to determine appropriateness for either program.
- The mission of the Cedarhurst School is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment in which adolescents can achieve success.
- The goal of the mission is to integrate education and therapeutic interventions to assist in the emotional and social growth necessary to transition back to the home school district, graduate from high school, attend college or obtain gainful employment and become productive, caring members of the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)288-2309 2.2 9-12
- Milford Grades: 2-12 | 14 students
597 Naugatuck Avenue
Milford, CT 06461
(203)876-0864 13.2 2-12
- Hamden Grades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)752-2610 0.5 NS-12
- Hamden Grades: 2-12 | 63 students
1400 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)248-2116 1.1 2-12
- Bethlehem Grades: 3-12 | 57 students
21 Arch Bridge Rd
Bethlehem, CT 06751
(203)266-8031 25.7 3-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.