Sacred Heart Academy
- Sacred Heart Academy, founded by the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Roman Catholic tradition and committed to the expression of strong Christian values and intellectual growth, provides a challenging college preparatory education for young women.
- The school is a community which promotes the growth of the whole person in a caring environment which encourages personal integrity, compassion, justice and a sense of responsibility to self, others and the needs of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||504 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 26|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,300|
|Admissions Director||Elaine M. Lamboley|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Alexandro|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Middletown Grades: 9-12 | 572 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
(860)346-6659 17.5 9-12
- Waterbury Grades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)757-9248 13.4 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.