- Established in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy, the Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall educates young women in grades 9-12.
- It is the first independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women in Connecticut.
- Located on a 30-acre campus, it surrounds an 1864 Victorian mansion.Three academic buildings house a library, auditorium, gymnasium and chapel.
- More than 450 young women from 40 Connecticut towns commute by bus, train or car.The student body is composed of young women from diverse socio-economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Lauralton Hall offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum, which emphasizes mastery of analytical and critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Challenging and demanding college preparatory, honors, advanced placement and UConn ECE courses are offered.
- While deeply rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition and the values of the sponsoring Religious Sisters of Mercy, Lauralton Hall welcomes students of all faiths.
- Lauralton Hall is one of 40 Mercy high schools in the Americas and shares with other Mercy secondary schools the values of a Mercy education.
- Lauralton Hall graduates are competent, confident, and compassionate young women empowered for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
Mercy Secondary Education Association (MSEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,685|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Kathleen O. Shine|
|Admissions Associate||Katherine Russell|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 654 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
New HavenGrades: 7-12 | 710 students
986 Forest Road
New Haven, CT 06515
WallingfordGrades: 9-12 | 864 students
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
Lauralton Hall is a wonderful school that offers quality academics. Teacher's engage students and motivate them to learn and be their best. The opportunities for girls at LH are as fantastic. The school prepares girls for college and many go on to top schools.
- Posted by Parent - ggarv
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.