5.00 (1 review)
- Established in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy, the Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall educates young women in grades 9-12.
- It is the first independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women in Connecticut.
- Located on a 30-acre campus, it surrounds an 1864 Victorian mansion.Three academic buildings house a library, auditorium, gymnasium and chapel.
- More than 450 young women from 40 Connecticut towns commute by bus, train or car.The student body is composed of young women from diverse socio-economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Lauralton Hall offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum, which emphasizes mastery of analytical and critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Challenging and demanding college preparatory, honors, advanced placement and UConn ECE courses are offered.
- While deeply rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition and the values of the sponsoring Religious Sisters of Mercy, Lauralton Hall welcomes students of all faiths.
- Lauralton Hall is one of 40 Mercy high schools in the Americas and shares with other Mercy secondary schools the values of a Mercy education.
- Lauralton Hall graduates are competent, confident, and compassionate young women empowered for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
Mercy Secondary Education Association (MSEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,685|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen O. Shine|
|Admissions Associate||Katherine Russell|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HamdenGrades: 9-12
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
- MiddletownGrades: 9-12 | 654 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
- WallingfordGrades: 9-12 | 864 students
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
- HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
- MiddleburyGrades: 9-12 | 210 students
1237 Whittemore Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
Lauralton Hall is a wonderful school that offers quality academics. Teacher's engage students and motivate them to learn and be their best. The opportunities for girls at LH are as fantastic. The school prepares girls for college and many go on to top schools.
- Posted by Parent - ggarv
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.