5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (203)877-2786 Ext. 125
- Established in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy, the Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall educates young women in grades 9-12. It is the first independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women in Connecticut.
- Located on a 30-acre campus, it surrounds an 1864 Victorian mansion.Three academic buildings house a library, auditorium, gymnasium and chapel.
- Nearly 400 young women from 40+ cities and towns commute by bus, train, or car. The student body represents diverse backgrounds -- racial, socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and faith -- and includes 5% international students.
- Lauralton Hall offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum which emphasizes mastery of analytical and critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to communicate ideas effectively. Challenging and demanding college preparatory, honors, advanced placement and UConn ECE courses are offered.
- While deeply rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition and the values of the sponsoring Religious Sisters of Mercy, Lauralton Hall welcomes students of all faiths.
- Lauralton Hall is one of 40 Mercy high schools in the Americas and shares with other Mercy secondary schools the values of a Mercy education.
- Lauralton Hall graduates are competent, confident, and compassionate young women empowered for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
Mercy Secondary Education Association (MSEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,997|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen O. Shine|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole Benson|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)288-2309 11.8 9-12
- Middletown Grades: 9-12 | 572 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
(860)346-6659 29.1 9-12
- Hamden Grades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)752-2610 11.2 NS-12
Lauralton Hall is a wonderful school that offers quality academics. Teacher's engage students and motivate them to learn and be their best. The opportunities for girls at LH are as fantastic. The school prepares girls for college and many go on to top schools.
- Posted by Parent - ggarv
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.