5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (203)877-2786 Ext. 125
- Established in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy, the Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall educates young women in grades 9-12. It is the first independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women in Connecticut.
- Located on a 30-acre campus, it surrounds an 1864 Victorian mansion.Three academic buildings house a library, auditorium, gymnasium and chapel.
- Nearly 400 young women from 40+ cities and towns commute by bus, train, or car. The student body represents diverse backgrounds -- racial, socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and faith -- and includes 5% international students.
- Lauralton Hall offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum which emphasizes mastery of analytical and critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to communicate ideas effectively. Challenging and demanding college preparatory, honors, advanced placement and UConn ECE courses are offered.
- While deeply rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition and the values of the sponsoring Religious Sisters of Mercy, Lauralton Hall welcomes students of all faiths.
- Lauralton Hall is one of 40 Mercy high schools in the Americas and shares with other Mercy secondary schools the values of a Mercy education.
- Lauralton Hall graduates are competent, confident, and compassionate young women empowered for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
National Catholic Education Association
Mercy Secondary Education Association (MSEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,997|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen O. Shine|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole Benson|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamden Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
(203)288-2309 11.8 9-12
- Middletown Grades: 9-12 | 572 students
1740 Randolph Road
Middletown, CT 06457
(860)346-6659 29.1 9-12
Lauralton Hall is a special place where girls have the opportunity to thrive academically, personally and spiritually. At Lauralton, girls to spend their four high school years in a welcoming, comfortable, environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Susan
Lauralton Hall is a wonderful school that offers quality academics. Teacher's engage students and motivate them to learn and be their best. The opportunities for girls at LH are as fantastic. The school prepares girls for college and many go on to top schools.
- Posted by Parent - ggarv
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.