Choate Rosemary Hall
Choate Rosemary Hall Photo #2 - What's your artistic passion? Music? Theater? Visual arts? Choate's got a program for you. Participate in the spring musical, student fringe festival, or the numerous singing and musical groups on campus. In addition, the Arts Concentration Program offers a program for students who are able to demonstrate a commitment to their own artistic development.
Choate Rosemary Hall Photo #3 - Held in November, Deerfield Day ends the fall sports season. Choate's athletic rivalry with Deerfield Academy is the root of this legendary weekend. There's a Friday night pep rally and bonfire and various sport team competitions throughout Saturday.
Choate Rosemary Hall Photo #4 - Our variety of clubs give you the room to commit to causes you care about, explore a new project, delve deeper into a lifelong passion, express yourself, relax, and most importantly, have fun!
Choate Rosemary Hall Photo #5 - The Kohler Environmental Center, opened in 2012, is the first teaching, research, and residential environmental center in U.S. secondary education with a focus on the environment. The year-long signature Environmental Immersion Program is open to 14 upperclassmen.
Choate Rosemary Hall is a co-educational boarding and day school for students grades 9-PG located in the scenic New England town of Wallingford, Connecticut.
At Choate, every interest students pursue, every talent they develop, and every experience they have can lead them to new and unexpected places. This is where where students come to discover and embrace who they are. Our unique academic opportunities balance tradition with innovation in a community like no other. Here, students don`t have to go it alone, and are surrounded by a supportive network of educators that strives to help them succeed.
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 865 students
- Yearly Tuition: $48,890
- Acceptance rate: 18%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Choate Rosemary Hall ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- A rigorous academic curriculum with an emphasis on character formation is at the core of our school's mission.Choate Rosemary Hall is a boarding and day secondary school of 860 talented students and 170 dedicated faculty from diverse backgrounds who genuinely enjoy living together and learning from each other.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Adlai Stevenson ’18 - former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- John F. Kennedy ’35 - 35th President of the United States
- Edward Albee ’46 - Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright
- Robert D. McCallum Jr. ’64 - former U.S. Ambassador to Australia
- Glenn Close '65 - Emmy, Tony and Golden Globe Award-winning film and stage actress
- Victoria J. Nuland ’79 - former U.S. Representative to NATO
- Paul Giamatti '85 - Emmy Award-winning broadway and film actor
- Angela Ruggiero ’98 - four-time Women’s Olympic Ice Hockey Champion
- Chris Denorfia '98 - center fielder for the San Diego Padres
- Hilary Knight '07 - 2010 Olympic Ice Hockey Champion, youngest member of Team USA
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Choate Rosemary Hall. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.