King School Photo #7 - Head of student council greeting the entire student body during our annual "Ringing of the Bells" ceremony.
- At King School, we seek more than achievement for our students. We open minds and spark courageous thinking.
- Every day, our students discover and forge their unique paths to excellence, as we teach, guide, and cheer them on.
- Because when we set better standards for both the experience and outcomes of education, students cultivate the insights and heart to own their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||See website for fees per program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||695 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, Drawing, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, U.S. History, World History: Modern|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 13 / Jan. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,290|
|Tuition Notes||To learn more and see fees per grade, visit: https://www.kingschoolct.org/admission/tuition-and-fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nina Newman|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Canstruction, Chinese Club, Community Service Projects, Debate Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, French Club, HOPE (Helping Other People Excel), King Ambassadors, KSPCA (King's Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), Math Team, Milestone/Spectrum, Model UN, Music Club, Reselling/Resale Club, Robotics Club, Rocketry Club, Socrates Cafe, Stamford PEACE, STEM Club, Student Activities, Student Council, Yearbook, Young Democrats Club, Young Republicans Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Design Technology, Drawing and Painting, Instrumental Music, Music Appreciation Club, Music Songwriters Club, Project Music, Public Speaking, Theater, Theatre Club, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, Swimming, Yoga
- Further. More.
- At King School, we seek more than achievement for our students. We open minds and spark courageous thinking. Every day, our students discover and forge their unique paths to excellence, as we teach, guide, and cheer them on. Because when we set better standards for both the experience and outcomes of education, students cultivate the insights and heart to own their future.
- When children are told there are only a few achievements worth striving for, and that their friends are really their competitors, their creativity and independence are stifled. At King, we set a better standard by daring young people to ask more of their education than a race to the finish. Our better way to be your best means amplifying students` passions and uncovering the talents they don`t yet know they have. King students celebrate achievement within community, and know that their King experience will take them wherever they want to go.
- When students are known, supported, and understood at a school, they feel more confident in exploring new things and taking risks. As a result, they are more likely to discover new strengths and push beyond what`s required to "make the grade." King students pursue meaningful research, boldly intertwine academic subjects, and share their learning in diverse formats. They deepen their understanding through the give and take of different perspectives. King students discover a better way to be their best.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203)256-7501 11.3 PK-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 581 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 6.1 5-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 16.9 9-12
- Stamford Grades: 9-12 | 335 students
926 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203)487-8242 1.1 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.