- King School, a PreK-Grade 12 school educating students from 30 towns, prepares students to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- What sets King apart is academic challenge, kindness, and personal growth are united within our unique community of engaged minds and meaningful connections.
- Guided by expert faculty, King students take responsibility for their own learning as active learners in a student-centered program that challenges students to achieve their personal best.
- Teachers make students feel known and safe enough to take risks in order to make discoveries.
King School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||675 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,970|
|Tuition Notes||To learn more visit: https://www.kingschoolct.org/admission/tuition-and-fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nina Newman|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Canstruction, Chinese Club, Community Service Projects, Debate Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, French Club, HOPE (Helping Other People Excel), King Ambassadors, KSPCA (King's Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), Math Team, Milestone/Spectrum, Model UN, Music Club, Reselling/Resale Club, Robotics Club, Rocketry Club, Socrates Cafe, Stamford PEACE, STEM Club, Student Activities, Student Council, Yearbook, Young Democrats Club, Young Republicans Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Design Technology, Drawing and Painting, Instrumental Music, Music Appreciation Club, Music Songwriters Club, Project Music, Public Speaking, Theater, Theatre Club, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, Swimming, Yoga
Be inspired in a community that unites academic challenge, kindness, and personal growth.
King School prepares students to thrive in a rapidly changing world. What sets King apart is academic challenge, kindness, and personal growth are united within our unique community of engaged minds and meaningful connections. Guided by expert faculty, King students take responsibility for their own learning as active learners in a student-centered program that challenges students to achieve their personal best. We think deeply about our approach to teaching and learning and understand that relationships between students and teachers are at the core of academic excellence.
- King faculty are trained in child and adolescent development and stay abreast of emerging insights from cognitive science and educational best practices.
- Our rigorous program is designed to challenge students of all ages to be able to create something new - new ideas, new things. Teachers make students feel known and safe enough to take risks in order to make discoveries. Underpinning teachers` deep understanding of each student is a comprehensive student learning profile, introduced in PreK and developed through senior year. This proprietary database captures learning strengths, challenges, and goals, and provides a window into a student`s social and emotional development.
- The King community prioritizes kindness. Our students thrive in a multicultural, diverse community and together we embrace our shared virtues of integrity, kindness, perseverance, and respect. King students emerge as their best selves - as self confident thought leaders who are able to analyze, synthesize, and communicate their knowledge in ways that demonstrate engagement and connection in the world community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203)256-7501 11.3 PK-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 6.1 5-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 16.9 9-12
- Stamford Grades: 9-12 | 335 students
926 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203)487-8242 1.1 9-12