- King School is a highly selective, PreKindergarten-Grade 12 co-ed, independent day school.
- Exceptional Faculty offer a challenging academic program rooted in a personalized approach to teaching and learning.
- Students thrive within a culture of integrity, kindness, perseverance, and respect.
- Our graduates succeed in the top colleges and universities and pursue lives of ongoing inquiry and accomplishment.Our great strength is that, for each of our students, we are able to personalize their experience in a manner that brings out the best in them, by helping them discover and build on their own unique strengths.
- Our Faculty know each of our students at an extraordinary level of detail, and partner with students and parents to create the best possible learning experience for every student at King.
- Over 81% of Faculty hold advanced degrees; they are experts in their subject matter and in understanding how children learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||675 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,800|
|Tuition Notes||PreK: $26,430* Kindergarten - Grade 4: $36,675 Grade 5: $38,035 Grades 6-8: $39,650 Grades 9-12: $42,800 *PreKindergarten meets 2 full days (Tu/Th) and 3 half days (M/W/F). There is the option for students to attend 5 full days, for an additional fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nina Newman|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chinese Club, Community Service Projects, Debate Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, French Club, King Ambassadors, Math Team, Milestone/Spectrum, Model UN, Music Club, STEM Club, Student Activities, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Design Technology, Drawing and Painting, Instrumental Music, Public Speaking, Theater, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, Swimming
- King School (King) is an independent, college preparatory school serving students from Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- King is a diverse, vibrant learning community dedicated to educational excellence and the fullest academic and personal achievement of our students.
- We champion the development of each individual's talents, character, and self-confidence by offering students challenging intellectual, creative, athletic, leadership and service opportunities.
- King's culture of respect for one's self and for others promotes independence and collaboration. King graduates are well prepared to pursue lives of learning and accomplishment, personal fulfillment and social responsibility.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
- New CanaanGrades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
- New CanaanGrades: NS-9 | 595 students
635 Frogtown Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
- FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
- RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.