The Mead School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 137 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / May. 15 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ceramics, Chess, Cooking, Flag Football, Nature & Zoology
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Creative Writing, Drama, Improv Theatre, Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1969, Mead is a progressive school committed to setting the standard in education for children from 2-years old to eighth grade. Our mission is to inspire and challenge students to achieve deep learning and become independent, creative thinkers. The Mead School cultivates in children the skills and values they need for emotionally, socially and intellectually fulfilling lives.
- Exceptional Teachers: Our dynamic teachers are the foundation of our approach. By developing a strong relationship with each child, teachers discover their students` individual strengths, talents and challenges. Teachers work collaboratively with students, tapping into their unique insights and passions, to guide them to their full potential. Ultimately, our goal is to have students take the lead in their own learning.
- Two-Teacher System: Each class has a Home Center that is led by a Home Center Director (HCD) - a teacher who is dedicated to the academic, emotional and social development of each child. The role of the HCD is to continually assess each student`s physical, social and emotional well-being and to guide students through challenges and opportunities as they arise. The HCDs work in partnership with our teachers, the Curriculum Directors (CDs). They are experts in specific subjects, such as language arts, math, early childhood development, Spanish, music and drama. CDs take an innovative, personalized approach to teaching. They design their curriculum to engage students on a more meaningful level by presenting the material in fresh and interesting ways. Mead students don`t simply learn facts and figures, they are challenged to think deeply about a subject and understand it from many different perspectives. The result is motivated students who love to learn.
- Our Approach: Our school celebrates academic excellence and personal achievement within an atmosphere of respect. The Mead School cultivates in children the skills and values they will need for emotionally, socially, and intellectually fulfilling lives. Our approach is built upon cognitive and developmental research that shows that individualized, experiential learning provides the most rewarding education for children. The expressive arts are key to our approach. We integrate the expressive arts and academics to create a classroom environment alive with excitement and curiosity, one that encourages profound learning by exposing students to different perspectives and fresh ways of applying their knowledge.
- Inclusive & Respectful Community: Our children are part of a culture that honors their perspective and challenges them to understand the experiences and lives of others. We provide a diversity of perspectives because understanding similarities and differences is critical in becoming a reflective, thoughtful member of society.
Endorse The Mead School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards