Bi-Cultural Hebrew Academy
- Our PK-12 Jewish school is built on foundations of academic excellence and enduring values, with commitment to innovation, STEM, and the arts.
- Faculty tailors lessons to suit individual learning styles, with rich classroom dynamics and small group/1-on-1 support as needed.
- The warmth of Jewish tradition flows through a program that cultivates pride in heritage, commitment to community, and connection to Israel.
- Guided by Modern Orthodoxy, we embrace students from across the Jewish spectrum, and all students participate in a dual-curriculum program of Judaic and general studies.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, ECE Calculus I, ECE Calculus II, ECE Environmental Science, ECE Intro to American Politics, ECE Medical Terminology, ECE Principles of Biology I, ECE Principles of Macroeconomics, ECE Principles of Microeconomics, ECE Seminar in Academic Writing, ECE Seminar in Writing Through Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Miriam Sperber|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- Bi-Cultural Hebrew Academy, located in scenic Stamford, Connecticut is a Jewish day school which welcomes and celebrates the diversity of the Jewish community. Bi-Cultural`s reputation as a proven and progressive leader in secular and Judaic studies has consistently garnered national attention. Today, over 350 students in grades Pre-K through Grade 12 enjoy small classes, experienced and dedicated teachers, and outstanding facilities on a 13-acre campus. Bi-Cultural combines Jewish tradition and values with innovative curricula, cutting edge technology and extra-curricular activities to produce proud and self-confident American Jews who ultimately serve as leaders in their universities and communities.Bi-Cultural hums with its own unique energy, one which visitors feel from the moment they step into the building. At Bi-Cultural, the air is filled with warmth and with joyful students who take delight in learning, in Jewish tradition, and in the strong friendships they make here. Parents are always welcome at the school, where their involvement is encouraged by teachers and administrators, and visitors are invited to make an appointment to come see the school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stamford Grades: NS-8 | 137 students
1095 Riverbank Road
Stamford, CT 06903
(203)595-9500 3.1 NS-8
- Stamford Grades: PK-5 | 99 students
403 Scofieldtown Rd
Stamford, CT 06903
(203)329-1623 1.1 PK-5
- Stamford Grades: PK-12 | 695 students
1450 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203)322-3496 2.7 PK-12
- Stamford Grades: K-8 | 60 students
161 Sky Meadow Drive
Stamford, CT 06903
(203)322-5886 0.3 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.