Villa Maria School
Villa Maria makes success a reality for emotionally sound bright students who are motivated to learn but have not met the demands of the assigned curriculum in their regular classrooms.
The program emphasizes the mastery of reading, writing, and mathematics skills necessary for academic achievement and a return to a mainstream setting.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-9
- Students: 60 students
- Yearly Tuition: $58,900
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 4 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
ADHD, Dyslexia, Language Based Disorders, Non-Verbal Learning Disability, Disorder of Written Expression, Math Disability
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
There is financial aid based on need available.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Mary Ann Guglielmo
- All teachers have Connecticut State Certification in Special Education. - Villa Maria School has been accredited as a school for students with learning disabilities by the Connecticut State Department of Education since 1980. - Support staff includes a speech and language pathologist, social worker, librarian, and tutors. - Private pull-out sessions with experienced speech and language pathologists, and physical and occupational therapists, are also available.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2021
Endorse Villa Maria School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.