The Long Ridge School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (203) 322-7693
- Our Purpose: The Long Ridge School is a diverse community of learners where children are respected as individuals with innate curiosity.
- We believe children flourish in a small, caring and academically challenging environment where learning is an active and joyful experience.
- We help children develop the skills, motivation, and values to become successful students, responsible people and lifelong learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade and program. Beginners: $7,500-$10,600 Nursery: $19,070-28,070 Kindergarten -Grade 5: $32,790|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julian Shettler|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Games, Chess Club, Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Insrumental Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Children should be valued for their uniqueness, ideas and talents.
- Children achieve their highest potential in a challenging academic environment that addresses each child's social and emotional development.
- Children learn in different ways and at different rates.
- Children should be active participants in their own learning; we encourage children to explore, experience and investigate as part of the educational process.
- The natural range of abilities and levels of development typical of young children are best accommodated in multi-age groups.
- Children learn best in an engaging environment where themes are relevant and meaningful.
- Interdisciplinary studies promote a deep understanding and mastery of the skills and concepts expected at each grade level.
- Children thrive in a rich learning environment that includes visual and performing arts, science, technology, Spanish and physical education.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: NS-12 | 1251 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 863-5600 7.7 NS-12
- Stamford Grades: PK-2 | 126 students
118 Scofieldtown Rd
Stamford, CT 06903
(203) 329-8815 2.9 PK-2
- Stamford Grades: PK-12 | 695 students
1450 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203) 322-3496 4.1 PK-12
- Stamford Grades: NS-8 | 137 students
1095 Riverbank Road
Stamford, CT 06903
(203) 595-9500 1.8 NS-8
The school has been a fantastic place where our son is really thriving. He is actively engaged with his learning! The teaching style has open his mind to discovery and exploration. The intimate setting and personalized approach to education is top notch. The parents and teachers together create a very inclusive and welcoming spirit. Your voice and input is heard.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2nd grader
We moved our two children from our local public school to The Long Ridge School when they were entering third and first grades and our only regret is that we didn't make the move sooner. We were welcomed by friendly parents and students, caring teachers and accessible staff. Our kids went from dreading school to loving school and have become the very best versions of themselves. At LRS we found true elementary education experts with whom we could partner to lay the very best foundation for our children's education. The teachers know when to challenge our kids, when to push them and when to find those moments when our kids can shine - and they are always available to parents for a quick or long chat. It's the absolute perfect enviornment for the early and elementary school years and an experience that is setting the stage for happy, self-directed learners for life. It's a magical place - just what you want in an early childhood / elementary school.
- Posted by Parent - becki
We have had both of our children attend Long Ridge, from nursery school through fifth grade; each of them loved it and got their love of learning from the school. The knowledge gained there served them well after graduation. In the meantime, a great arts and athletics center has been built on the campus, it is really something to see. The teachers are wonderful and make Long Ridge a special place.
- Posted by Parent - tymel
The Long Ridge School is a gem. The classes are small, enabling teachers to address various learning styles. The students learn by doing ("hands on") in theme-driven interdisciplinary lessons. The teachers are warm, nurturing and very experienced. The students learn to love learning and do exceptionally well upon graduation.
- Posted by Parent - dfrie
Our children have thrived at this exceptional elementary school. The teaching staff is highly skilled, and over 75% of them have advanced degrees in their areas of expertise. There is a librarian, two learning specialitsts, as well as specialists in music, science, Spanish and PE. The campus facilities are beautiful, are anchored by a modern arts and athletics building and are designed to support the hands on approach to leaneeinfm
- Posted by Parent - dalea
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?