Greenwich Country Day School
- The mission of The Greenwich Country Day School is to enable all children in our care to discover and to develop what is finest in themselves- to achieve high standards in their studies, in their play, and in their character.
- We are committed to the ideal of a coeducational family school.
- We recognize that every child is an individual who possesses unique talents and abilities.
- In an elementary school program, we promote consideration of others, value diversity, and teach respect for all people.
- The Greenwich Country Day School maintains high academic standards, a broad and balanced curriculum, and time-honored traditions.
- We encourage children to take intellectual risks. The school prepares students for rigorous secondary school studies and endeavors to foster a love of learning that endures.
- We believe the quality of our faculty is essential to the achievement of our mission.
- The Greenwich Country Day School challenges students in mind, body, and spirit-for their personal growth and for the common good.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||864 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 1006 students
100 Maher Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)625-5800 0.9 PK-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 581 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 13.3 5-12
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.