Greenwich Country Day School
- The mission of The Greenwich Country Day School is to enable all children in our care to discover and to develop what is finest in themselves- to achieve high standards in their studies, in their play, and in their character.
- We are committed to the ideal of a coeducational family school.
- We recognize that every child is an individual who possesses unique talents and abilities.
- In an elementary school program, we promote consideration of others, value diversity, and teach respect for all people.
- The Greenwich Country Day School maintains high academic standards, a broad and balanced curriculum, and time-honored traditions.
- We encourage children to take intellectual risks. The school prepares students for rigorous secondary school studies and endeavors to foster a love of learning that endures.
- We believe the quality of our faculty is essential to the achievement of our mission.
- The Greenwich Country Day School challenges students in mind, body, and spirit-for their personal growth and for the common good.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||864 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 1006 students
100 Maher Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)625-5800 0.9 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.