Greenwich Country Day School
- The mission of The Greenwich Country Day School is to enable all children in our care to discover and to develop what is finest in themselves- to achieve high standards in their studies, in their play, and in their character.
- We are committed to the ideal of a coeducational family school.
- We recognize that every child is an individual who possesses unique talents and abilities.
- In an elementary school program, we promote consideration of others, value diversity, and teach respect for all people.
- The Greenwich Country Day School maintains high academic standards, a broad and balanced curriculum, and time-honored traditions.
- We encourage children to take intellectual risks. The school prepares students for rigorous secondary school studies and endeavors to foster a love of learning that endures.
- We believe the quality of our faculty is essential to the achievement of our mission.
- The Greenwich Country Day School challenges students in mind, body, and spirit-for their personal growth and for the common good.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||864 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 963 students
100 Maher Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)625-5800 0.9 PK-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 13.3 5-12