Greenwich Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (203)869-4000 Ext. 109
- Greenwich Catholic School is a coeducational day school located in the heart of Greenwich serving students from age 3 through 8th grade.
- Our learner-centered curriculum maintains high academic standards, ensures students are actively engaged in a variety of instructional methods and emerging technologies, and promotes collaboration and higher level thinking skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||419 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / May. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marissa Cortese|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced robotics, Adventures in Computer Programming, Crochet 101, Digital Art Club, Drawing Club K-5, Glee Club, Graham Clarke Music, Homework Club, http://afterschoolgcsct.com/, Introduction to robotics, Jewelry making, Kinderdance K+1, Latch Hook 3-5, Movie Making, Pokemon Club, Science Exploration K-2, Sign Language, Yoga, Zumba
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Creations, Piano 2 – 8, Spring Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Gr. 3-5, Karate K-8, Multi-sports, Soccer Gr. 3-5, Soccer K-2, Tennis Gr. 3+4, Tennis K-2
- Greenwich Catholic School provides students with a life-long intellectual and spiritual foundation through a rigorous and innovative curriculum focused on faith, critical thinking, responsibility, and service.
- Students at Greenwich Catholic School are rooted in faith, surrounded by community and committed to excellence. Greenwich Catholic School, in partnership with parents and parishes, is focused on the formation of the whole Christian person in the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church. Our learner-centered curriculum maintains high academic standards, ensures students are actively engaged through a variety of instructional methods and emerging technologies, and promotes collaboration and higher level thinking skills. Within a welcoming, Christ-centered environment, students are made aware of their role as members of the Christian community through the teaching of Catholic doctrine, participation in liturgy and worship, and involvement in service projects. Members of our school community are encouraged to live as Disciples of Christ, serving all people by sharing the gifts and talents received from God.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-9 | 864 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)863-5600 3.1 PK-9
We continue to be proud of our children's academic success. GCS is run by compassionate and dedicated educators. We highly recommend this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Dcnyi
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.