Heritage Baptist Academy
- Heritage Baptist Academy began in 1981 as a ministry for area parents, who desire a quality education for their children in a Christian environment.
- Our students consistently average more than one full year above grade level on national achievement tests.
- At H.B.C. we endeavor to develop all areas of a childs' growth: mental, social, physical and spiritual.
- We offer all grades beginning with 3 year old kindergarten through high school for eligible students.
- The avowed purpose of this school is to train Christian young people to meet their fullest potential both spiritually and academically.
- We trust that each year will bring greater results than we saw in any previous year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BristolGrades: K-11 | 15 students
48 Lewis St
Bristol, CT 06010
- HamdenGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
418 Ridge Road
Hamden, CT 06517
- HamdenGrades: K-12 | 45 students
2105 State St
Hamden, CT 06517
- TorringtonGrades: PK-12 | 75 students
387 New Harwinton Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
- New HavenGrades: PK-8 | 199 students
351 Mckinley Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.