- Emmanuel Christian Academy was established in 1975 as a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- Our philosophy of Christian education is that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".
- We do not apologize or hesitate in stating that our teachings and philosophies are founded on Baptist truths.
- This is not to say that we do not accept students unless they are Baptist, but we do advise that our beliefs will be the basis for all of our teachings.
- The main emphasis of Emmanuel Christian Academy is upon the educational and spiritual growth of its students.
- In seeking to meet both the spiritual and educational needs of the student, the aim of Emmanuel Christian Academy is to give the student an understanding of the Christ-centered life.
- Emmanuel Christian Academy is dedicated to acquainting each student with the person of Jesus Christ and helping him to know that God has a plan and a purpose for his life.
- After reaching the students for Christ, our goal is to send them out as well-trained Christian leaders of tomorrow whether they serve the Lord in the pulpit, on the mission field, in business, in the home, or in some other profession.
- In training the students intellectually, Emmanuel has a strong academic program and concerned faculty.
- We use A Beka Book and Bob Jones University Press textbooks in grades K through 6.
- Grades 7 through 12 primarily use A Beka Book or Bob Jones University Press texts.
- The present curriculum is also planned around courses which fulfill the state of Connecticut requirements for graduation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Advanced Courses||Honors English, Honors Science,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SouthingtonGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
WallingfordGrades: PK-12 | 58 students
161 S Whittlesey Ave
Wallingford, CT 06492
TorringtonGrades: PK-12 | 75 students
387 New Harwinton Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
BristolGrades: K-11 | 15 students
48 Lewis St
Bristol, CT 06010
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
We are very happy that we chose ECA for our kid's education. The staff at the school are dedicated to providing a great education along with Christian values which cannot be found in public education. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - todds
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.