5.00 (3 reviews)
- Foote School is a child-centered school that nurtures students' natural sense of curiosity into a lifelong love of learning.
- Our project-based curriculum and inquiry-based approach make learning an active, fun experience for students as they make exciting discoveries about the world and themselves.
- Our 18-acre campus in the heart of New Haven offers children a natural setting to explore and learn, and easy access to world-class museums, parks and other cultural resources.
- Foote values academic excellence, diversity, inclusion, good character, the arts, science, foreign languages and service learning.
- Graduates go on to well regarded schools that help them to lead lives of joy and purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$24,670 for K-5 $30,100 for grades 6-9 For 2013-2014 21 % of student body received more than $1.6 million in need-based financial aid|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rachelle Bryon|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Small|
|Endowment Size||$10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Amnesty International, Applied Sciences, Chorus, Drama, Environmental Action Group, F-STAND (Diversity Club), Jazz Rock Ensemble, Literary Magazine, MathCounts, Model Congress, Orchestra, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
- Our School: Students come to Foote from many different backgrounds and schools, creating a diverse Kindergarten Grade 9 community that enriches us all. Dedicated, highly qualified faculty and staff establish a happy, productive atmosphere where students flourish with small classes and individual attention. Above all, we nurture a lifelong love of learning and teaching.
- Our Campus: Paths criss-crossing our 17.8-acre campus give the feel of a country setting within New Haven. The campus includes 11 classroom buildings, a 47,000 volume library, science laboratories, mobile computer labs, a black-box theater, music rooms, arts studios, a gymnasium, playing fields, teaching gardens, a wooded area for outdoor education, and a new state-of-the-art science and technology building.The
- Our Curriculum: Teachers provide a strong foundation in verbal and mathematical skills while fostering creativity and collaboration. Students explore a wide-ranging, imaginative curriculum in literature, history, mathematics, science, technology and writing. Students in every grade participate in world languages, drama, music and art. Children engage in daily physical activity through recess, gym and after-school sports. We value critical thinking and hands-on learning, and foster respectful relationships among teachers, students and parents. Central to Foote`s strong academic program is its commitment to a multicultural curriculum designed to help students embrace and celebrate our diversity and actively seek opportunities to serve and lead.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterbury Grades: PK-12 | 440 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)236-9560 17.1 PK-12
- Hamden Grades: NS-12 | 574 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)752-2610 1.1 NS-12
- Cheshire Grades: 9-12 | 344 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203)439-7250 11.9 9-12
We owe a lot to what Foote has given our children. It is a remarkable, magical, phenomenal places that allows children to dream and grow in was unbounded. It is a model school. A one of a kind.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
For the sports, includes cross country and squash. One of the best schools you will find, so come.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Abbyc
Best school you could ever wish for. Many sports and extracurricular activities available. Your child will love the whole experience as soon as they step foot on the campus.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cupca
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?