- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: Kindergarten-9
- Students: 484 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Amnesty International, Applied Sciences, Chorus, Drama, Environmental Action Group, F-STAND (Diversity Club), Jazz Rock Ensemble, Literary Magazine, MathCounts, Model Congress, Orchestra, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
- Our School: Students come to Foote from many different backgrounds and schools, creating a diverse Kindergarten Grade 9 community that enriches us all. Dedicated, highly qualified faculty and staff establish a happy, productive atmosphere where students flourish with small classes and individual attention. Above all, we nurture a lifelong love of learning and teaching.
- Our Campus: Paths criss-crossing our 17.8-acre campus give the feel of a country setting within New Haven. The campus includes 11 classroom buildings, a 47,000 volume library, science laboratories, mobile computer labs, a black-box theater, music rooms, arts studios, a gymnasium, playing fields, teaching gardens, a wooded area for outdoor education, and a new state-of-the-art science and technology building.The
- Our Curriculum: Teachers provide a strong foundation in verbal and mathematical skills while fostering creativity and collaboration. Students explore a wide-ranging, imaginative curriculum in literature, history, mathematics, science, technology and writing. Students in every grade participate in world languages, drama, music and art. Children engage in daily physical activity through recess, gym and after-school sports. We value critical thinking and hands-on learning, and foster respectful relationships among teachers, students and parents. Central to Foote`s strong academic program is its commitment to a multicultural curriculum designed to help students embrace and celebrate our diversity and actively seek opportunities to serve and lead.
Endorse Foote School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards