Chase Collegiate School
- Chase Collegiate School is a co-educational PreK through grade 12 day school located on a 47 acre campus in Waterbury, CT. Chase draws its students from over 40 Connecticut towns.
- At 150 years old, we are an old school; we are not "old school!" We seize opportunities to change, adding to our curriculum as the world and technology - shifts around us.
- We`ve integrated innovation and design thinking a structured approach to generating and developing ideas - into our traditional curriculum.
- At Chase, we build strong partnerships with parents to make sure that their child will fit in, be respected and challenged to excel beyond what they ever imagined. When our families choose Chase, they do so with the understanding that Chase is so much more than academic excellence, small classes, fine and performing arts, athletics and student initiated clubs. Our dedicated teachers and advisers offer individual attention and plentiful encouragement while setting a high bar for what each student can learn and achieve. We offer the familiarity of a small community, with big opportunities for academic growth. We hope to meet you soon.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten $6,310 part time to $16, 900 full time Grades K-5 $19,900-$24,900 Grade 6-8 $31,100 Grade 9-12 $35,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ruth P. Teague|
|Admissions Associate||Greg Dellorco|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
Chase believes that an educational program driven by authentic relationships empowers students to excel.
- Student relationships with teachers are true, meaningful and lasting.
- Focus is placed on developing a thoughtful and deliberate educational experience that values and promotes each child becoming their own unique self.
- Students connect with their education by trying new things and taking risks.
- Students engage with their peers and see the value of collaboration.
- Teachers collaborate with families to jointly help students thrive
- Instilling courage, confidence and compassion in every student.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CheshireGrades: 9-12 | 420 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
- New HavenGrades: K-9 | 484 students
50 Loomis Place
New Haven, CT 06511
- WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
- HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
- WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
142 S Elm Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.