- Chase Collegiate School is a co-educational PreK through grade 12 day school located on a 47 acre campus in Waterbury, CT. Chase draws its students from over 40 Connecticut towns.
- At 150 years old, we are an old school; we are not "old school!" We seize opportunities to change, adding to our curriculum as the world and technology - shifts around us.
- We`ve integrated innovation and design thinking a structured approach to generating and developing ideas - into our traditional curriculum.
- Design labs and scheduled Innovation Days enable students to practice this approach to creating viable solutions to real world problems.
- Teachers are not leading students to predetermined lesson outcomes. Students imagine, explore, fail, iterate and reimagine solutions until they reach their desired outcome. We hope to meet you soon.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten $6,310 part time to $16, 900 full time Grades K-5 $19,900-$24,900 Grade 6-8 $31,100 Grade 9-12 $35,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Ruth P. Teague|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Kahuda|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- Student relationships with teachers are true, meaningful and lasting.
- Focus is placed on developing a thoughtful and deliberate educational experience that values and promotes each child becoming their own unique self.
- Students connect with their education by trying new things and taking risks.
- Students engage with their peers and see the value of collaboration.
- Teachers collaborate with families to jointly help students thrive
- Instilling courage, confidence and compassion in every student.
Profile last updated: 01/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CheshireGrades: 8-12 | 339 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
New HavenGrades: K-9 | 484 students
50 Loomis Place
New Haven, CT 06511
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810