Wallingford Family YMCA All Day Kindergarten
- The All Day Kindergarten aims to meet the developmental needs of each child.
- Scheduling, pacing and rhythm of each activity is consistent with recognized principles of childhood education.
- The All Day Kindergarten provides creative opportunities and experience, which stimulate a child's physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- The YMCA All Day Kindergarten occupies four spacious rooms on the 2nd floor of KinderHouse, located at 16 Wallace Street, Wallingford, CT. An enclosed playground, picnic tables and playscape provide a safe, outdoor area.
- The Wallingford YMCA was first to venture in operating a full day Kindergarten Program in the Wallingford Community and is 15 years young. Academic Program runs from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Extended Day hours meet the needs of working parents for both before and after school care, 6:45 AM – 9:00 AM and/or 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- The All Day Kindergarten aims to meet the developmental needs of each child. Scheduling, pacing and rhythm of each activity is consistent with recognized principles of childhood education. The All Day Kindergarten provides creative opportunities and experience, which stimulate a child's physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
- Students benefit from small class size, 1:1 instruction and the presence of two teachers daily. Handwriting, phonics, math, science, social studies and developmental concepts are part our daily lessons. Enrichment programs include Reach for the Stars Reading Program, PAF (Preventing Academic Failure) approach to handwriting, reading and phonics, Computer Tots computer classes, field trips, swim lessons, art, music and physical education.
- For information contact Nancy Germain & Maggie Maugeri at 203-284-5328 or Jane Rynaski, School Age Child Care Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New HavenGrades: PK-K | 36 students
100 Cold Spring St
New Haven, CT 06511
- MilfordGrades: NS-PK | 115 students
69 Woodmont Road
Milford, CT 06460
- HamdenGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
418 Ridge Road
Hamden, CT 06517
- East HavenGrades: PK-8 | 151 students
20 Burr St
East Haven, CT 06512
- MeridenGrades: K-9 | 205 students
115 Lewis Ave
Meriden, CT 06451
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 19, 2017
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.