Easton Country Day School
Easton Country Day School, a coeducational Pre-K though 12, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity.
We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts.
ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
Our highly academic and intimate high school encourages students to chart their own course though their 4 years, incorporating local colleges and internships into their program. Our Praesto Preparatory Division admits twice exceptional children needing special education as well as gifted opportunities.
We now proudly offer Arrowsmith, an extraordinary cognitive program for students with learning disabilities. MEMBER: CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS, Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 222 students
- Yearly Tuition: $22,000
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Easton Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Our Praesto Preparatory division supports many learning differences.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP US History
Classroom Dress Code
(Formal dress for special occasions)
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
high school is $31000 - $35000 Gifted programming is $29000 Arrowsmith Program is $30000 International Student: $35,000
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Matthew Morse Dtr High School
Total Sports Offered
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school. ECDS has a small and very academic high school which affords the opportunity to
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS's high school offers individualized classes from tutorial all the way to college credit courses. Our small, friendly environment allows students to progress at their own speed, and follow their interests while getting a strong college prepartory background and college counseling. Our numerous field trips and group activites are often student initiated.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment- its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and a member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
Profile last updated:
As a former ECDS parent, I cannot speak enough about the education my child received during her time there. The teachers and administrators kept her at the center of every decision that was made as far as programming or coursework was concerned and truly cared about her as not just a student but as a human being and community member as well. They take the time to listen to feedback and are easily accessible. It is truly a gem in this area.
ECDS is a loving and caring environment for all its community members. My children are pushed academically while being supported and nurtured at the same time. The school has tremendous teachers and administrators who do anything under the sun to make sure the students succeed. I can't say enough about this wonderful place.
My son is a recent graduate of ECDS and the transformation over the years is amazing. ECDS faculty and staff are wonderful. They give students a safe environment to grow and learn at their own pace. My son is attending a rigorous high school and while his classmates are struggling, he is doing well. I believe that ECDS gave him the foundation to be successful both in and out of the classroom.
I love this school! It celebrates individuality. All 3 of my children attend(ed) this school. Each of them different, each of them thriving because the teachers treat them as individuals and work their hardest to connect with each of them. I feel that my children are/were challenged and asked to work at their potential. And I can say that my children delivered!
ECDS is a magical school, able to reach students of all capability levels, and has an unbelievable faculty and student culture of caring and nurturing. The teachers and administrators are the souls of professionalism and have a passion for teaching and reaching the students. They go above and beyond every day.
This place delivered what it promised. My son was small and brilliant and bullied. They put him in classes that exactly suited him, and bullying is stopped as soon as it starts. I cannot over state our delight and relief!
I visited this school recently, and found it to be a very unique and loving environment for children. They have the ability to provide many things for children, such as programming for children with gifted tendencies, programming for special interests (music, science, business, etc.). I am especially impressed with the diversity of the school environment, which most private schools in the area do not provide. The children are taught to be respectful and supportive of each other, which was clearly evident when I saw the children interacting in the halls between class periods. Kindness, consideration, and respect is something you rarely find in a school environment. I highly recommend Easton Country Day School.
I am so glad we found ECDS! My son was bored and antsy and had every excuse to stay home. Here, he is excited to go, up before us, and it only took about 2 weeks of summer before he started asking to return. Nice kids, nice teachers, great education.
Endorse Easton Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.