Easton Country Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational Pre-K though 12, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity.
- We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts.
- ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
- Our highly academic and intimate high school encourages students to chart their own course though their 4 years, incorporating local colleges and internships into their program. Our Praesto Preparatory Division admits twice exceptional children needing special education as well as gifted opportunities.
- We now proudly offer Arrowsmith, an extraordinary cognitive program for students with learning disabilities. MEMBER: CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS, Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Praesto Preparatory division supports many learning differences.|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,500|
|Tuition Notes||high school is $28500 Gifted programing is $28500 International Student: $35,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Suellen Inwood|
|Admissions Associate||Matthew Morse Dtr High School|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts, SoccerBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school. ECDS has a small and very academic high school which affords the opportunity to
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS's high school offers individualized classes from tutorial all the way to college credit courses. Our small, friendly environment allows students to progress at their own speed, and follow their interests while getting a strong college prepartory background and college counseling. Our numerous field trips and group activites are often student initiated.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment- its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and a member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
TrumbullGrades: K-12 | 424 students
575 White Plains Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
New CanaanGrades: 5-12 | 550 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
TrumbullGrades: 9-12 | 815 students
2320 Huntington Tpke
Trumbull, CT 06611
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
I love this school! It celebrates individuality. All 3 of my children attend(ed) this school. Each of them different, each of them thriving because the teachers treat them as individuals and work their hardest to connect with each of them. I feel that my children are/were challenged and asked to work at their potential. And I can say that my children delivered!
- Posted by Parent - 9teufel
ECDS is a magical school, able to reach students of all capability levels, and has an unbelievable faculty and student culture of caring and nurturing. The teachers and administrators are the souls of professionalism and have a passion for teaching and reaching the students. They go above and beyond every day.
- Posted by Parent - mstei
This place delivered what it promised. My son was small and brilliant and bullied. They put him in classes that exactly suited him, and bullying is stopped as soon as it starts. I cannot over state our delight and relief!
- Posted by Parent - Richa
I visited this school recently, and found it to be a very unique and loving environment for children. They have the ability to provide many things for children, such as programming for children with gifted tendencies, programming for special interests (music, science, business, etc.). I am especially impressed with the diversity of the school environment, which most private schools in the area do not provide. The children are taught to be respectful and supportive of each other, which was clearly evident when I saw the children interacting in the halls between class periods. Kindness, consideration, and respect is something you rarely find in a school environment. I highly recommend Easton Country Day School.
- Posted by Parent - carle
I am so glad we found ECDS! My son was bored and antsy and had every excuse to stay home. Here, he is excited to go, up before us, and it only took about 2 weeks of summer before he started asking to return. Nice kids, nice teachers, great education.
- Posted by Parent - shuga
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017