Easton Country Day School
5.00 (8 reviews)
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational Pre-K though 12, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity.
- We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts.
- ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
- Our highly academic and intimate high school encourages students to chart their own course though their 4 years, incorporating local colleges and internships into their program. Our Praesto Preparatory Division admits twice exceptional children needing special education as well as gifted opportunities.
- We now proudly offer Arrowsmith, an extraordinary cognitive program for students with learning disabilities. MEMBER: CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS, Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Easton Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Praesto Preparatory division supports many learning differences.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||high school is $30000 - $35000 Gifted programming is $29000 Arrowsmith Program is $30000 International Student: $35,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Suellen Inwood|
|Admissions Associate||Matthew Morse Dtr High School|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Track and Field
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school. ECDS has a small and very academic high school which affords the opportunity to
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS's high school offers individualized classes from tutorial all the way to college credit courses. Our small, friendly environment allows students to progress at their own speed, and follow their interests while getting a strong college prepartory background and college counseling. Our numerous field trips and group activites are often student initiated.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment- its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and a member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203)256-7501 10.5 PK-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 581 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 11.7 5-12
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)830-3916 12.2 NS-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 523 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 4.2 9-12
As a former ECDS parent, I cannot speak enough about the education my child received during her time there. The teachers and administrators kept her at the center of every decision that was made as far as programming or coursework was concerned and truly cared about her as not just a student but as a human being and community member as well. They take the time to listen to feedback and are easily accessible. It is truly a gem in this area.
- Posted by Parent - Jason P.
ECDS is a loving and caring environment for all its community members. My children are pushed academically while being supported and nurtured at the same time. The school has tremendous teachers and administrators who do anything under the sun to make sure the students succeed. I can't say enough about this wonderful place.
- Posted by Parent - Jason
My son is a recent graduate of ECDS and the transformation over the years is amazing. ECDS faculty and staff are wonderful. They give students a safe environment to grow and learn at their own pace. My son is attending a rigorous high school and while his classmates are struggling, he is doing well. I believe that ECDS gave him the foundation to be successful both in and out of the classroom.
- Posted by Parent - vtbull
I love this school! It celebrates individuality. All 3 of my children attend(ed) this school. Each of them different, each of them thriving because the teachers treat them as individuals and work their hardest to connect with each of them. I feel that my children are/were challenged and asked to work at their potential. And I can say that my children delivered!
- Posted by Parent - 9teufel
ECDS is a magical school, able to reach students of all capability levels, and has an unbelievable faculty and student culture of caring and nurturing. The teachers and administrators are the souls of professionalism and have a passion for teaching and reaching the students. They go above and beyond every day.
- Posted by Parent - mstei
This place delivered what it promised. My son was small and brilliant and bullied. They put him in classes that exactly suited him, and bullying is stopped as soon as it starts. I cannot over state our delight and relief!
- Posted by Parent - Richa
I visited this school recently, and found it to be a very unique and loving environment for children. They have the ability to provide many things for children, such as programming for children with gifted tendencies, programming for special interests (music, science, business, etc.). I am especially impressed with the diversity of the school environment, which most private schools in the area do not provide. The children are taught to be respectful and supportive of each other, which was clearly evident when I saw the children interacting in the halls between class periods. Kindness, consideration, and respect is something you rarely find in a school environment. I highly recommend Easton Country Day School.
- Posted by Parent - carle
I am so glad we found ECDS! My son was bored and antsy and had every excuse to stay home. Here, he is excited to go, up before us, and it only took about 2 weeks of summer before he started asking to return. Nice kids, nice teachers, great education.
- Posted by Parent - shuga
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.