High Road Academy
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 4-12
- Enrollment: 77 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- High Road Student Learning Center is a privately owned, state approved special education day school which serves students facing learning, language, and social challenges. We are located in Wallingford, Connecticut and are currently celebrating over 30 years of excellence. Our individualized educational program serves students from kindergarten to 8th grade by utilizing one-on-one and small group instruction in classrooms with a 5:1 student/teacher ratio. High Road Student Learning Center is a state of the art academic facility which offers computers in every classroom and various instructional programs including Wilson, Edmark, Reading Milestones, Lexia, Everybody Can Read. Our students are able to take advantage of in house related services such as Social Workers, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychological Evaluations, and Speech and Language, and a school psychologist. We offer a comprehensive social skills training to teach students to recognize social cues, communicate effectively, interact with a group, and build successful peer relationships. A unique behavior management system, based upon successive levels and positive reinforcement, teaches students to control their impulsivity, accept responsibility, and self monitor their behavior. At High Road Student Learning Center we strive to build the confidence and competence of each student in our school. We design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each child. Because we individualize our programs, we are able to meet each student at whatever level he or she performs. Small classes, personal attention, and a positive learning experience are the hallmarks of High Road Student Learning Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for High Road Academy?
The application deadline for High Road Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse High Road Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards