- St. Thomas the Apostle is an elementary school community of many faiths, cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds committed to educational excellence in the Roman Catholic tradition.
- We recognize parents and guardians as the primary educators of their children.
- With this in mind, we offer them the opportunity to participate in various aspects of school life.
- Together, we encourage personal responsibility and respect for others as we guide children to become independent members of a global society. As a school committed to the development of the whole child, we are dedicated to helping children realize their fullest potential as independent learners and critical thinkers.
- Each grade level has age-appropriate, traditional and innovative programs that incorporate a variety of talents and abilities while fostering spiritual and moral growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,175|
|Tuition Notes||PreKindergarten tuition ranges from $3,200 for 2 day schedule to $5,750 for 5 day schedule.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Klingman|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, GolfAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Fitness Club and Garden Club, Odyssey of the Mind team Art Club, Book Club, Fitness Club and Garden Club,
Odyssey of the Mind team,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9 | 360 students
2865 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
West HartfordGrades: K-9 | 210 students
100 Mayflower St
West Hartford, CT 06110
SimsburyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
946 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT 06070
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.