St Thomas The Apostle
- St. Thomas the Apostle is an elementary school community of many faiths, cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds committed to excellence in Catholic education through scholarship, spirituality and service.
- We encourage personal responsibility and respect for others as we guide children to become independent members of a global society.
- As a school committed to the development of the whole child, we are dedicated to helping children realize their fullest potential as independent learners and critical thinkers.
- Each grade level has age-appropriate, traditional and innovative programs that incorporate a variety of talents and abilities while fostering spiritual and moral growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,063|
|Tuition Notes||PreKindergarten tuition ranges from $4,150 for 2 day schedule to $7,253 for 5 day schedule.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Klingman|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, SoccerAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Chess & Checkers Club, Lego Club, Math Club, Multi-Cultural Club, Rhythm Moves, Robotics Club, Scouts
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: NS-8 | 107 students
100 Mayflower St
West Hartford, CT 06110
(860)561-2130 2 NS-8
- Simsbury Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
946 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860)658-9412 8.7 PK-8
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.