St. Mary's School
- Since our founding in 1957, St. Mary's School has created a close, caring community that supports and nurtures the child.
- Our dedicated faculty members forge strong bonds with our 168 students and their families.
- We welcome you and your child into our circle of traditional learning, daily faith, and loving respect.
- As the Farmington Valley's only Catholic school for grades PK-8, our students flourish with our challenging academic regimen, religious instruction, and diverse programs in technology, the arts, music, and athletics.
- Our Pre-Kindergarten program helps prepare younger children for their formal schooling, with a focus on Christ-centered values and creative learning.
- St. Mary's School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (the last re accreditation was in April 2018) and the Connecticut State Department of Education.
St. Mary's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform is required for K-8th )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,478|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Toni Chagnon|
|Admissions Associate||administrative assistant|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics Club, Student Council, Volunteer Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir, Recorder Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, PE Club, Running Clu
- St. Mary's School is proud of its rich history of providing a traditional and progressive education to children in grades Prekindergarten through Grade 8 for over 60 years. We are a welcoming and inclusive community whose mission is to ignite spiritual growth and promote academic excellence within a nurturing faith community. United together, we inspire students to know, love and serve God.
Profile last updated:
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.