St. Mary's School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (860) 658-9412
- Since our founding in 1957, St. Mary's School has created a close, caring community that supports and nurtures the child.
- Our dedicated faculty members forge strong bonds with our 168 students and their families.
- We welcome you and your child into our circle of traditional learning, daily faith, and loving respect.
- As the Farmington Valley's only Catholic school for grades PK-8, our students flourish with our challenging academic regimen, religious instruction, and diverse programs in technology, the arts, music, and athletics.
- Our Pre-Kindergarten program helps prepare younger children for their formal schooling, with a focus on Christ-centered values and creative learning.
- St. Mary's School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (the last re accreditation was in April 2018) and the Connecticut State Department of Education.
St. Mary's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform is required for K-8th )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,478|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Toni Chagnon|
|Admissions Associate||administrative assistant|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics Club, Student Council, Volunteer Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir, Recorder Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, PE Club, Running Club
- St. Mary's School is proud of its rich history of providing a traditional and progressive education to children in grades Prekindergarten through Grade 8 for over 60 years. We are a welcoming and inclusive community whose mission is to ignite spiritual growth and promote academic excellence within a nurturing faith community. United together, we inspire students to know, love and serve God.
St. Mary School is hands down the most awesome school around. The administration and faculty are all genuine and caring team members who always have the children's best interests in mind. The principal is a gem, an excellent leader! The curriculum is challenging and competitive, including robotics and STEM projects, but there is still enough time for Phys Ed and recess and art and music. The school's smaller size allows for plenty of personalized attention and help when needed. Teachers are always available to help. Communication with parents is amazing. There is always a sense of fun in the school because learning should be fun, not just a chore! Parental involvement is strong. Kindness and concern about the world around us is instilled daily. It's a true community at St. Mary. It's a special place and my children are blossoming. I'd not have my kids anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - #1StMaryFan
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?