Grades: PK-K | 72 students
- The Wyomissing Institute of Fine Arts was founded in 1934 by Dr. Chester Wittell, a noted Reading musician.
- In 1935, Mrs. Lila Lerch, the Registrar, became the Managing Director.
- Mrs. Lerch felt a strong responsibility to continue the growth and success of the Institute.
- She purchased the sole ownership from Dr. Wittell and gave the Institute to the community in the form of a non-profit corporation.
- The Institute of the Arts continues to build upon the dreams of its founders.
- The curriculum has expanded to include Visual Art, Dance, Music, Voice, Theater, Language and an Arts-Integrated Preschool and Kindergarten.
- The Institute serves more then 5,000 people annually and strives to provide quality arts based education to Berks and surrounding Counties.
- The Institute of the Arts’ mission is to operate an educational facility for the arts in Southeastern Pennsylvania, to provide the best instruction possible, and to provide performance and exhibition opportunity to students of all ages while maintaining a realistic tuition base.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
People that viewed Yocum Institute For Arts Education also viewed these schools: Tutor Time Child Care/learning Center.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.