Grades: 3-12 | 56 students
Pride, Progress, Excellence.
Benton Hall School is a private day school which serves the educational needs of children with learning disabilities and students that do not thrive in large classrooms. The school provides a comprehensive, individualized educational program for students in grades three through twelve.
Benton Hall School is accredited by the State of Tennessee and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, Mild learning differences, Spectrum issues, Anxiey|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform - khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,884|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jimmy Purcell|
|Admissions Associate||Andrea Meyers|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Bowling,
Cross Country, Golf,
- OUR APPROACH TO EDUCATION: Individualized instruction is the key to our approach at Benton Hall. We recognize that every student learns differently, and by maintaining low student-teacher ratios, we are able to prepare our students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally to reach their potential and make a successful transition into higher learning or a chosen vocation. We place the highest priority on developing sensitive, autonomous human beings who relate well to others and become life long learners who understand how to solve problems, make wise choices, and become contributing members of their communities.
- OUR STUDENTS: The students at Benton Hall come from diverse backgrounds and have various talents and unique learning styles. Many students have transferred to Benton Hall from public school systems or large private schools where they felt lost and unable to get the attention and encouragement they needed to excel. Some have struggled with ADD, ADHD, and other challenges that require the individualized instruction larger schools are not equipped to offer. When these students come to Benton Hall, they not only experience dramatic academic improvement, but increased self-esteem as well.
- OUR CURRICULUM: Benton Hall provides a broad curriculum that meets all standards set forth by the state of Tennessee for all subject areas. Designed for students who were not thriving in traditional schools, Benton Hall's third through twelfth grade curriculum challenges each student to his or her highest intellectual and creative abilities.
- QUOTES: "When I was in high school, I received a wonderful education, but the school lacked compassion. I always knew there was a better way to teach, and Benton Hall allows me to do this every day. There is no 'back of the room' at Benton Hall. No student gets lost here or falls between the cracks. They all receive immediate and caring attention." - Veronica Paradis, Dean of Students
- "We are all seen as individuals here. We have very small classes, and our teachers know how each and every one of us learns. I've been here for almost eight years, and it's only gotten better. Teachers and students are like family." - Grade Eleven Student
- "Benton Hall is a home away from home. It's a place where I can go and feel safe and where everybody wants to be there for you and help you as much as they can." - Grade Twelve Student
- "For my son's first two years of high school, he attended a school with more than 2,400 students, and he was no more than a mere number in the crowd. He was doing mediocre work with very little effort...even though I knew he was capable of doing so much more. Since becoming a Benton Hall student, his entire outlook has changed. He gets up each morning ready to go to school, and comes home ready to be a part of the family. His grades have improved, and he is involved in many school activities. He is no longer a number in the crowd, but a student who has expectations to succeed in the classroom. I have Benton Hall to thank for this tremendous change." - Parent
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrentwoodGrades: K-12 | 318 students
6544 Murray Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027
BrentwoodGrades: 6-12 | 777 students
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
GoodlettsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 168 students
322 East Cedar St
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
NashvilleGrades: PK-12 | 923 students
300 Danyacrest Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
FranklinGrades: K-12 | 773 students
336 Ernest Rice Lane
Franklin, TN 37069
It is a warm and nurturing school that meets kids where they are. Great staff, faculty and administration.
- Posted by Parent - Peter Gross
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.