Top Tennessee Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 569 top private schools in Tennessee, serving 96,210 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,763 for elementary schools and $9,954 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 88% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 16% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Belvoir Christian Academy Photo - BELVOIR CHRISTIAN ACADEMY SERVES INFANTS - 8TH GRADE, TEACHING THEM TO EXCEL IN ACADEMICS AND LEADERSHIP WHILE NURTURING AND GROWING THEIR CHRISTIAN FAITH.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School Photo - With a student faculty ratio of just 7 to 1, SAS teachers have time to devote to the personal success of each student. Work periods built into the daily schedule and our Learning Resources Center provide time and space for assistance when it's needed.
Macon Road Baptist School Photo - Welcome! We are pleased and honored that you are interested in Macon Road Baptist School. As you make yourself familiar with our materials, we trust that you will strongly consider Macon Road as an option for your family's education. It is our greatest desire to not only teach your child academically, but more importantly guide him or her spiritually.
Currey Ingram Academy Photo - This is the view as you drive on campus. The building straight ahead is the new student center and administrative building, Jennifer & Billy Frist Hall. It opened in August 2013 and includes a K-12 dining hall and library/technology center, as well as all core campus administrative offices.
Harpeth Hall School Photo - Harpeth Hall sits on 44-plus acres in a residential neighborhood in Nashville, TN.
Top Tennessee Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 6 Schools397 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools430 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools32 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools897 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools821 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students19% Minority
- 2 Schools79 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools374 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools132 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools241 Students11% Minority
- 74 Schools17,753 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools3 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools267 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools142 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools882 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools413 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools104 Students38% Minority
- 2 Schools387 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools388 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools140 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools511 Students8% Minority
- 39 Schools11,815 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools213 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools21 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools37 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools161 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools21 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools58 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools37 Students6% Minority
- 51 Schools10,750 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools201 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools22 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools255 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools174 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools167 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools3,404 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools56 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students25% Minority
- 9 Schools1,640 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools299 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools58 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools153 Students3% Minority
- 11 Schools1,429 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools26 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students17% Minority
- 10 Schools422 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools290 Students8% Minority
- 5 Schools1,215 Students17% Minority
- 18 Schools2,610 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools31 Students44% Minority
- 6 Schools711 Students13% Minority
- 118 Schools24,543 Students26% Minority
- 14 Schools1,137 Students3% Minority
- 13 Schools1,604 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools296 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools300 Students28% Minority
- 12 Schools1,335 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools58 Students50% Minority
- 2 Schools43 Students2% Minority
- 22 Schools4,554 Students12% Minority
- 11 Schools1,540 Students5% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.