Top Tennessee Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 568 top private schools in Tennessee, serving 98,429 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,964 for elementary schools and $10,025 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 88% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 16% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School Photo - With a student faculty ratio of just 7 to 1, SAS teachers have time to devote to the personal success of each student. Work periods built into the daily schedule and our Learning Resources Center provide time and space for assistance when it's needed.
Hutchison School Photo - Hutchison girls discover and explore the world around them through unique learning opportunities on beautiful 52-acre campus and learning laboratory as well as within our science and innovation labs.
Briarcrest Christian High School Photo - Beginning at the preschool level, our commitment is to educate the total student, providing a nurturing, balanced, well-rounded educational experience and to help young men and women achieve their full potential in all facets of life. Briarcrest Christian School is a non-denominational, co-educational environment in which the Christian world view and biblical values are taught and practiced in everyday.
Olivia's Montessori Preschool Photo - 2 acres of beautiful property with lots of shade. Old renovated farmhouse circa 1924 has many large windows and hard wood floors.
Lakeway Christian Schools (Cornerstone Academy and Lakeway Christian Academy) Photo - Prayer circle for Movie Night!
Lighthouse Christian School and Preschool Photo - Lighthouse Christian School operates as a non-profit ministry established to glorify God by offering a Christ-centered, quality education that assists parents in developing leaders. The school opened in August of 1979, about to hit the 40th year anniversary.
Top Tennessee Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 6 Schools397 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools430 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools32 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools906 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools816 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students19% Minority
- 2 Schools79 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools374 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools132 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools241 Students11% Minority
- 75 Schools17,951 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools3 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools269 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools142 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools866 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools413 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools104 Students38% Minority
- 2 Schools387 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools388 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools140 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools656 Students8% Minority
- 39 Schools11,924 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools213 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools21 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools37 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools161 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools21 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools58 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools37 Students6% Minority
- 51 Schools10,716 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools206 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools22 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools255 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools350 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools167 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools3,182 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools56 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students25% Minority
- 9 Schools1,724 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools299 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools58 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools153 Students3% Minority
- 11 Schools1,493 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools26 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students17% Minority
- 10 Schools422 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools290 Students8% Minority
- 5 Schools1,215 Students17% Minority
- 17 Schools2,637 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools31 Students44% Minority
- 6 Schools711 Students13% Minority
- 117 Schools25,599 Students26% Minority
- 14 Schools1,137 Students3% Minority
- 13 Schools1,484 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools296 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools300 Students28% Minority
- 12 Schools1,345 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools58 Students50% Minority
- 2 Schools43 Students2% Minority
- 21 Schools4,328 Students8% Minority
- 11 Schools1,540 Students5% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.