Harpeth Hall School
Tel: (615) 297-9543
Harpeth Hall School Photo #2 - Harpeth Hall sits on 44-plus acres in a residential neighborhood in Nashville, TN.
Harpeth Hall School Photo #3 - Harpeth Hall middle school students enjoy gathering each morning for community time in their first period class.
Harpeth Hall School Photo #4 - We believe that an all-girls?' environment gives every Harpeth Hall student the space and the freedom to stretch her mind, to raise her hand, to use her voice and amplify it??early and often.
Harpeth Hall School Photo #5 - With a tradition of excellence and a commitment to life-long learning, Harpeth Hall educates young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably.
Spirited and dynamic. Unapologetically academic. Harpeth Hall is a college preparatory school for girls in grades 5-12 in Nashville, TN. Here, girls and young women are poised for exciting, transformative growth.
A Harpeth Hall girl is an independent thinker, strong leader, authentic spirit, and empathetic friend.
We believe that an all-girls` environment gives every Harpeth Hall student the space and the freedom to stretch her mind, to raise her hand, to use her voice and amplify it-early and often.
Both self-aware and self-reliant, our highly capable girls are confident leaders, armed with the motivation to pursue their bravest ambitions and the skills to achieve them.
Our students leave Harpeth Hall empowered to take on the world and fully prepared to change it.
Harpeth Hall School places among the top 20% of private schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||720 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,815|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School tuition for 2020-21 is $30,385 Upper School tuition is $30,815|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,568|
|Admissions Director||Jessica Viner|
|Admissions Associate||Natasha Robinson|
|Endowment Size||$47.3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Within the school`s gates and in the wider world,the identity of Harpeth Hall is found in the lives of its dynamic students.The Harpeth Hall student is a young woman who, like Nashville, is poised for exciting, transformative growth, with limitless intellectual and personal potential.
- We develop the whole student.
- Yes, academics come first-but we believe our 21st-century leaders must also be team players and change agents, able to see multiple perspectives and find common ground. Our athletics program challenges our students to push themselves; our visual, musical and performing arts programs offer new forms of expression; and our robust list of clubs, organizations, and service learning projects foster the strong sense of community that our girls carry out into the world.
- Our teachers value rigor, but not at the expense of risk. We teach big thinkers.Our teachers encourage collaboration and instill excellence. They`re thoughtful and intrepid innovators in the classroom and mentors in the lab and the library, on the stage and the playing field. And they`re completely dedicated to educating girls-creating pedagogy and coursework that brings out the very best in their students.
- We don`t want economics to stand between us and Nashville`s best students. Harpeth Hall is committed to a student body that reflects Nashville-and to the richness that comes with a diverse, increasingly cosmopolitan population. We celebrate myriad cultures, multiple perspectives, and mutual respect; and, thus, we work actively with parents of qualified daughters to make a Harpeth Hall education accessible and affordable.
- Our students are accepted to - and thrive at - the nation`s best colleges and universities. But they certainly don`t stop there. They earn graduate degrees, they launch companies, they become artists, Olympians, neurosurgeons, policy leaders, and community volunteers. They leave Harpeth Hall empowered to take on the world and fully prepared to change it.
- Our mission is to teach girls and young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably. Harpeth Hall is a school that offers an unparalleled educational experience. We invite you to explore Harpeth Hall.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: K-12 | 1170 students
211 Ensworth Place
Nashville, TN 37205
(615) 383-0661 1.5 K-12
- Nashville Grades: PK-12 | 1109 students
2323A Old Hickory Blvd
Nashville, TN 37215
(615) 373-9550 4.1 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.