Franklin Road Academy
- Franklin Road Academy is a coeducational, diverse learning community, offering pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade students from 15 different countries a challenging educational experience within an inclusive Christian community.
- FRA provides an elite education within a collaborative learning environment, ensuring students become critical, innovative thinkers and leaders.
- We value a well-rounded student experience, and our intentional class size allows students to fully engage in the classroom while competing at a high athletic level or perfecting an art form.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Capstone, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature, European History, French Language, Latin, Physics I, Physics II, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistis, Studio Art - 3D Design, Studio Art - Drawing, U.S. History, World History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform Dress Code - Khaki pants/Plaid Skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $6,465-$21,135.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Courtney Williamson|
|Admissions Associate||Holly Koogler|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Best Buddies, Books and Movies Club, Business Club, Emerging Leaders, Entrepreneurship Club, Fishing Club, Forensics, Interact Club, Latin Club, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Newspaper, Robotics Club, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
3D Design, Ceramics, Choir, Dance, Drama, Instrumental Music, Performing Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Lower School Cross Country
- Founded in 1971, Franklin Road Academy is a pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, co-educational independent school offering the unique combination of a challenging and supportive educational experience in an inclusive Christian environment. FRA is a place where students are encouraged to think critically, act with integrity, and lead in service to others. There are currently 756 students enrolled in grades pre-K-12. While many students begin attending FRA as early as pre-kindergarten, there are multiple entry points; therefore, students come from a variety of backgrounds and sending schools. The overall student population represents 44 zip codes and 12 countries, and 21% of students receive need-based financial aid totaling approximately $1.6 million. FRA has a 100% college acceptance rate and 1/5 of the student body are students of color.
- The 57-acre campus, 56 sports teams, several arts studios, and nearly 2,000 square foot Innovations Lab allow students to pursue any interest in academics, athletics, arts, the STEM field, and more.
- Students participate in regular chapels and convocations, and each division has a special partnership with the Center for Philanthropic Studies, inspiring future leaders with servant hearts. Each year, students engage in Spiritual Emphasis Week, a week full of speakers and service opportunities, and Interim, a week-long experience where students travel abroad, do mission work, take a class, or shadow a professional in the area of their choice.
- FRA has many unique programs, such as the Nissan English Language Learners Program (a program designed specifically for children whose parents work at Nissan to help them learn English and adjust to this transition), the Chinese and Guatemalan exchange programs, and Heart to Heart (a program designed for students with Down syndrome to enjoy school with their peers and receive individualized attention from the Heart to Heart staff).
- FRA is accredited through AdvancED (formerly Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and is a member of the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). FRA is also a member of National Association of College Admissions Counseling and complies with the Statement of Principles and Good Practices.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: K-12 | 1073 students
211 Ensworth Place
Nashville, TN 37205
(615)250-8916 4.7 K-12
- Nashville Grades: NS-12
2323A Old Hickory Blvd
Nashville, TN 37215
(615)373-9550 5.8 NS-12
- Brentwood Grades: 6-12 | 786 students
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615)523-0611 4.3 6-12
We are stating our second year. The adminstration and staff are fantastic. The teachers go above and beyond to create a positive learning environment. I will say that the parents are a little cliquey and fake. But you will find those people everywhere. As long as my kids are happy I'm happy.
- Posted by Parent - Casar
My child has been receiving an outstanding educational experience at Franklin Road Academy for nearly ten years now. I am confident that FRA has been preparing him well for success in college and in life. The academics are strong and class sizes small, which allows teachers to really get to know their students and provide personal attention. FRA's ASPIRE program, Math Lab and Writing Lab offer accelerated work, as well as support students that need individual assistance. Pre-K through 12 on one campus is a big plus, prevents gaps in learning and promotes the concept of community. The "inclusive Christian" community is loving, has become increasingly diverse and includes many international students now. The children at FRA are taught to be persons of integrity and to be of service to others through valuable service learning projects that are part of the curriculum. My child has multiple interests and has always had countless opportunities at FRA in academics, the arts and athletics. Our family feels so blessed to be a part of FRA!
- Posted by Parent - laura
We have been at FRA for 14 years. We are so happy with our decision to send our children to this warm, inclusive, challenging school. My oldest was early accepted into college, and I attribute this to the incredible teachers. The school emphasizes a balanced, well rounded education. The Deans in the lower, middle, and upper schools are phenomenal. The new Head of school, Sean Casey, has been making wonderful changes. This is a great school.
- Posted by Parent - Hopea
We are in our 2nd year at FRA and we love it. My children are receiving a fantastic, well-rounded education. The education not only is applicable to their academics, but goes into sports and extra curriculars as well. The school stresses balance and I can see this in my children. I highly recommend this school. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Heath